Axel brake line @ hose bracket

Dec 15, 2020
Need to move back a half inch back to clear the exhaust do I just drill out the 3 dots grind spots and tack weld
20220630_141157.jpg
it back in

NOT A TA

Veteran Member
Feb 12, 2009
Delray Beach Florida
Have you considered switching to the bracket that bolts on using one of the rear cover bolts? Would give you more room for exhaust and you'd eliminate the bracket in your pic. Pic below is of a 12 bolt, but 10 bolt is similar, the bracket is just over a little bit. Lines in pic are set up for disc brakes so if you have drums you'd just run solid tubing to the wheel cylinders along the axle tube.

John Wright

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
Rustburg, Va
Chris, be careful if you plan to drill out those spot welds. You don't want to get too far into the axle tube. You might try using something like a thin chisel that you can work underneath the bracket and pop those spot welds loose.

Dec 15, 2020
Have you considered switching to the bracket that bolts on using one of the rear cover bolts? Would give you more room for exhaust and you'd eliminate the bracket in your pic. Pic below is of a 12 bolt, but 10 bolt is similar, the bracket is just over a little bit. Lines in pic are set up for disc brakes so if you have drums you'd just run solid tubing to the wheel cylinders along the axle tube.

Thanks will consider

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
Chisel is what I used, made a bracket to bolt to the cover on my 10 bolt, on my nine inch kinda did the same thing. Leaves you more room for pipes. Shorten one line and replace the other.

Latest posts