Bad flooding by me

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by CamaroMan79, Mar 18, 2017.

1. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The last week my County has been getting destroyed by floods due to the higher temps we've had all of a sudden in the last week. All the rivers are overflowing and caused A levy to break on the Cowiche river East of where I live. Thankfully it's not effecting the small town that live in but the much larger town of Yakima which has about 95k people and is only 5 miles away is getting destroyed in areas. Yakima is under not only a state emergency but national state of Emergency and people are coming in from all over the US to help.

The waters have started to recede in the last day but the even worse part is that this is only the beginning. When the snow pack really starts melting up in the Cascades, we are going to be in major trouble.

Just give you an idea of how bad it is, here is drone footage that my buddy took for ABC news.

2. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

I feel your pain and hope you and your family stay dry. I'm in northern Nevada and we have had our share of flooding. Like you we are expecting more.

Praying for your area

3. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Thats a lot of runoff . Lot of nice homes getting hit. Hopefully no rain and worst is over for the area . West coast is like early summer right now and east coast in Mid winter.

4. Jason7504

Jason7504 Veteran Member

The NW is far from early summer! Lol. We have had record snow and rain since December. And only 7 sunny days since October.

5. Jason7504

Jason7504 Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that CamaroMan! We have been hammered with non-stop rain all winter too but I haven't had any flooding near me. I hope you are able to avoid major damage and Yakima will be helped

6. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

My cousin is in Denver said its ben 80 for few weeks now. He likes to rub it in since we just had a storm with 2' of snow. Thought you were same temps

7. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

I was watching video of yakima yesterday. I have also seen pictures where the umatilla river in hermiston is flooding. Its going to be an interesting year. The amount of rain we have been getting is atronomical.

8. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah, I've lived in this area for 36 years and have never seen it this bad.

9. Jason7504

Jason7504 Veteran Member

No, I wish we had the amount of sunny days that Denver gets lol. We normally get tons of rain and only about 3 months of hot and sunny.