bad gas in an LS

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Goat, Jun 4, 2021.

1. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Do you think the injectors may be acting up? Old gas takes a toll on the injectors.

2. kdracer73

kdracer73 Veteran Member

Most obd2 systems allow for bi-directional controls. It is a scan tool/diagnostic tool that communicates with the PCM. It will have functions that allows you to turn on and off different circuits through the computer.

3. kdracer73

kdracer73 Veteran Member

Try disabling the fuel pump/injectors and see if it will run on carb spray. Find a vacuum port and spray carb spray into the intake manifold. It doesn’t take much. If it runs on carb spray the ignition system is working, and you can focus on the fuel issue.

4. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

badazz81z28 likes this.
  5. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I will have to set aside a couple of days soon to figure this out. Right now I'm swamped with other projects. I'll post back up when I have some answers...

badazz81z28 and kdracer73 like this.
  6. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Same with my fuel injected big block... I didn't even out stabil in and a year and 3 months later it started right up.

7. streak

streak New Member

If it's a high compression 440, I've had a number of issues with battery tenders not "tending" so they would crank but not fire or show a status of green but be deader than dead. Personally I've had 50/50 luck with them ruining batteries versus maintaining them over 6 deployments. Never once had an issue with the gas after the multiple 8-15 month trips to the sandbox. But I did always run Stabil through the system so it got into everything. I'd do plugs and battery and go from there. If that doesn't fix it then keep a charger on it if you keep cranking it or soon it will be the battery...