BATTERY TRAY

tritterracing

Aug 26, 2013
EL PASO TX.
I am looking for the Battery Tray support that bolts under the regular battery tray . It is called a Gusset . Any one have one , or know where I might find one ?

Mitch_Z

Mar 31, 2007
Detroit, MI
This is for a 70, I believe the gusset is part of the core support that attaches to the frame with a bushing. Not sure if it is reproduced for Camaro.
battery_tray (2).jpg

doug m

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2020
Mine was bolted on . The shop that was working on it LOST it ! Need to find a used one.

Is this for a Camaro 2nd. gen. ? Who has it ?
yes, search 1970-73 camaro radiator core support, might be able to find someone to cut or take it off a old one?? i have a old core support but those brackets are too far gone with rust. the new support i bought, there welded on both sides like above. at one time i searched for them seperate, but i could never find them, dont know if i looked hard enough or not?

Last edited:

tritterracing

Aug 26, 2013
EL PASO TX.
Never heard of a gusset to support the battery tray. Found this on ebay, but it's not for Camaro.
Do you have any pics or diagrams showing this support you're talking about
Mine was bolted on . The shop that was working on it LOST it ! Need to find a used one.

Is this for a Camaro 2nd. gen. ? Who has it ?
yes, search 1970-73 camaro radiator core support, might be able to find someone to cut or take it off a old one?? i have a old core support but those brackets are too far gone with rust. the new support i bought, there welded on both sides.
Thank you .

tritterracing

Aug 26, 2013
EL PASO TX.

Latest posts