Berlinetta stripes and emblems

a79Classic

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I answered your PM, sorry about the delay. If indeed you decide to restore it, let me know and if you need any close up pictures of details just let me know and I can get them done for ya.

smace

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
Ocala, Florida
I was looking in the dealer handout and thy show the stripping on the berlinetta in it. That is how mine was. Hope it helps.

luda

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2002
Eastern NC
Hey a1979classic...can you by any chance post pics of the stripe locations or e-mail them to me? if you have any specs (stripe width, where to buy them, etc.) that'd be great too. I'm not ready to drop my 305 back in yet but I'd LOVE to have my pin stripes back...I like my non-Z look...keeps 'em guessin ;)

a79Classic

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Damn.. I guess I haven't been on in a loooong time..:( Here are a few pix of the pin striping on my Berlinetta. When it comes to Emblems, ebay is your friend. Or if the chrome is in good condition repaint the black background by hand.

There are stripes in the following areas.

Hood: From near the tip of the nose to near the top of the hood (not all the way up since there is another stripe that is on the hood that is about 1/2 inch from the aluminum trim on the top edge where the wipers tuck underneath.)

Front Bumper: Along the front leading edge and wraps around the sides.

Sides: There are stripes that separate the black bottom and colored top. They run along the rocker panels and then up and over both wheel wells. See photos.

Front/side Glass: The stripe is about 1/2 inch from the aluminum trim on the top edge where the wipers tuck underneath. It then go's under the upper door trim, up the sail panels, over the drip rail and then down the a-pillar.

Rear Glass: There is a stripe that follows all around the rear glass trim.

Rear:There is a stripe that starts where the rear tail lights come to a point, then up and along the lower lip of the trunk lid and down the other side.

Rear Bumper:There is a stripe that go's along the rear leading edge of the bumper. See photos.

P9200131.jpg

P9200140.jpg

P9200136.jpg

P9200132.jpg

P2220401.jpg

a79Classic

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
As for the seats. I have the "Deluxe" interior upgrade in mine. While mine are original (Most of the car is), you can find repop's from NPD as well as various other places.

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Brown`77Z28 said:
DAYYUM!!!!!! that is one stunningly beautiful car you got there :confused: :confused: :confused:

Absolutely Gorgeous! :cool: :bowtie:

Are you missing a piece of aluminum trim around the radio?
I only mention it because my 80 Berlinetta has a trim piece there and I think it would look great with the factory radio.