Berlinetta stripes and emblems

CogentZ28

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2007
Canada
Twisted_Metal said:
Absolutely Gorgeous! :cool: :bowtie:

Are you missing a piece of aluminum trim around the radio?
I only mention it because my 80 Berlinetta has a trim piece there and I think it would look great with the factory radio.

Wasn't that an 80/81 only thing?

aldm.jpg

luda

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2002
Eastern NC
For what it's worth, my Berlinetta was rocking an 8-track when I got it. Still looking for someone to get it going :(

KansasTwister

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 7, 2006
Lawrence, ks
Brown`77Z28 said:
My `80 Berlinetta has the aluminum trim :confused:

My 79 berlinetta does not have the radio trim, never looks to have had it, but the original radio was long gone when i got the car and they had an aftermarket 2 post in it by the looks of it. But my 80 berlinetta does have the trim.

progressday211.jpg

Best picture i have showing the radio.

HOGDADDY

Veteran Member
Jun 8, 2005
Birmingham,Alabama
Twisted_Metal said:
Honestly... I don't know.
I haven't seen enough 79 Berlinetta models with an intact factory interior to notice that detail.

My 80 camaro rs originally had a black radio bezel and I have been trying to find one with no luck seems.

a79Classic

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Damon23 said:
Well Mark, welcome back.

Thanks Damon! Have missed this crowd. :) Been a crazy summer with work, moving my mom from Maine to NC and acquiring a new daily driver. I had to go to San Antonio, TX to get it and drive it back..:p

Here's the new beast.. (Sorry for the thread jack :innocent: )

P9100479.jpg

P9100485.jpg

a79Classic

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
As far as I know the 79 year model did NOT have a radio trim option. I have a dealer brochure and it has no mention of it in the radio options area. To my knowledge the radio has never been removed, as per the original owner. I DO have a removable audio set-up so that I can play my CD's, MP3's, Etc on a Kenwood head unit. It sit's over the rear hump between the rear seats. I'll have to take the time to take pix and do a write-up of how I made it in case anyone else might want to try something similar. It's completely removable so it show's no signs of being there after it's taken out.

gs462

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2009
chardon ohio
-=79z28=- said:
mines a berlinetta, but im going Z28 because of the more well known and "sportier" looks. plus i think the 79 decals are sweet!

79z040.jpg
[/QUOTE

I agree 79 has the best looking decals by far.