Best electric fan setup

Dueling73s

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2002
WI
It's been almost 20 years since this went in but my parts list says Be Cool #BCI60010 was part number. I think is same as today. No big fitment issues with my set-up only some in grinding of fan shroud in area of lower radiator hose for clearance. Fans move a sh_t load of air.

LoweRider

Veteran Member
Jun 26, 2017
TX, USA
It's been almost 20 years since this went in but my parts list says Be Cool #BCI60010 was part number. I think is same as today. No big fitment issues with my set-up only some in grinding of fan shroud in area of lower radiator hose for clearance. Fans move a sh_t load of air.

Thanks for the part number, I'll add it to my wish list on Jeg's when the time comes to do the cooling. I definitely want a ton of air to cool my 565.

Is your radiator support filler panel original or is that an aftermarket piece?

Last edited:

Dueling73s

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2002
WI
The support panel I believe is a Summit part. I did do some slight trimming on the inboard side to give
more clearance for wiring and the fan/shroud support brackets this I home made.

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
i have had great results using the big ford fans out of the lincoln tc and crown vic ect some are 2 speed and some are variable they come installed in a nice large shroud that can be adapted to camaro radiators very easily. what i do is trim the fanshroud right down to the ring that surrounds the fan and that attaches the fan to the shroud .that fan and2in or so ring will then slide right into the Camaro fan shroud with a few bolts and it looks and works like it was made for it those fans have a lot of power and also draw some amps so you need a high out put alternator. there are a few contrllers that make this a no brainer. i have never seen a fan pull so much air(4500)cfm on high and most of the ones i have done the owners tell me that low is enough the majority of the time and that is here in so cal summers

Same here. My Ford Taurus fan moves a ridiculous amount of air.

78carmine

Nov 18, 2012
Frederick, Maryland
I don’t think I’ve seen Derale mentioned in this thread so, for what it’s worth, here’s mine. Works extremely well. stays at 180. There is adjustability in the ‘brains’ so easily I could go higher or lower. Also, fans ramp up as opposed to instant cut on/off. I
image.jpg
had to do some slight trimming of the shroud near the steering box. For reference, the radiator is a champion 3-row

landpilot

Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
Louisville, KY
I don’t think I’ve seen Derale mentioned in this thread so, for what it’s worth, here’s mine. Works extremely well. stays at 180. There is adjustability in the ‘brains’ so easily I could go higher or lower. Also, fans ramp up as opposed to instant cut on/off. I View attachment 132221 had to do some slight trimming of the shroud near the steering box. For reference, the radiator is a champion 3-row

I have this same fan setup with the PWM controller on a Cold Case 2-row aluminum radiator. Between driving and autocrossing, I've never had a problem, stays at 180, and with the PWM controller, the fans ramp up as needed without spiking the electrical system. I had to do the same shroud trimming that you did around the steering box. I think it's a great setup.

bazookatooths

Apr 25, 2018
OKC OK
I'm also using Derale but just the fan 18217 with the PWM controller on the stock radiator. Out of the box it ran 200 for me, turned it down to 180 then up to 190. Holds whatever temperature I command it too. I've only driven in the current 70 degree weather last couple weeks. Hope it can keep up this summer. Every turn comes out to exactly 10 degrees verified on both my ECU and Manual gauge. It also keeps the fans going after shut off until coolant temps come down.

Last edited:

Latest posts