• The Forum will be unavailable on March 27, 2023 from 8:AM to 12:00 PM EST for maintenance.

Best Relays

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
I am working on getting all the right parts for fuel injection system and I know I need a relay for the RobbMC Power surge pump.

Who makes the highest quality relays and what part number? There are so many choices and part numbers I can't figure it out....

Thanks!

loyal guardian

Veteran Member
Aug 28, 2013
helena mt
not to hijack the thread and it may be helpful for the op... do they have multple relays in a line or panel? in example like a fuse panel where ya put a heavy gauge wire to it and it has the outputs that ya need.

op if you dont want the question on here feel free to remove it or let me know and i can, just was thinkin about it lately and if it can help you more power to it right?

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
I wouldn't put MORE than 20 Amps continuously through a standard 30 Amp Bosch relay.

If your draw is 20 Amps... Be sure the relay connectors/wiring are also properly rated for your draw and you should be good.

Note: I've seen a standard 30 Amp relay handle the load of an electric fan setup... But, the relay connectors and wiring caught fire because they were only rated for 20 Amps. :eek:

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
you can just use a standard 30 amp Bosch relay. or go and get 40 amp bosch type..

Michael

That is the trick....Bosch "type". I see them everywhere but I have to believe different brands are different quality. Unless you mean stick with Bosch.

junkyardZ28find

Veteran Member
Mar 4, 2012
des moines, iowa
8pack-I stock 40A TYCO "Bosch style" relays as well as the mountable bases for them. They are rated at 250,000 switching cycles @ 40A load so they are more than up to the task. I can supply terminals too if needed....let me know what you need-I'd price them at $12 each w/base and terminals....they are manufactured in Portugal too-NOT China! lol

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
8pack-I stock 40A TYCO "Bosch style" relays as well as the mountable bases for them. They are rated at 250,000 switching cycles @ 40A load so they are more than up to the task. I can supply terminals too if needed....let me know what you need-I'd price them at $12 each w/base and terminals....they are manufactured in Portugal too-NOT China! lol

PM Sent

BigBlock73

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 10, 2002
Accord,New York
Found this on the Chevelle site

The FiTech ECU for Go EFI systems has a special driver circuit that will drive the fuel pump directly, which means that an external relay is not needed. This driver circuit allows both PWM control (pulse width modulated), and direct internal relay drive of the fuel pump. This allows the voltage to be reduced when the fuel demand is low, such as at idle and light cruise.