Best speakers up front?

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by Shields, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Shields

Shields Veteran Member

Sorry for all the posts lately! But the progress on my car is really taking off and I've come to the task of dealing with the dash speaker everyone has had a battle with. What do you guys like up front/in dash for speakers? I love rock n roll, Judas Priest, ACDC, ozzy, Metallica, only the goods pound through my speakers, looking for the best speaker set up for rock. I've got
    Two 10" subs in the trunk, two kenwood 4-way 6x9's in the package tray, some alpine tweeters on the doors and an old 4x10 that coughs dust when tommy lee has a drum solo. Looking for something to stuff under the dash speaker for more rockin power! I'm 18 and I've got money elsewhere so extravagances like kick panel speakers and custom fiberglass pods won't be possible right now, any suggestions would be great!!

2. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

Camaro owners only have rear facing ears, didn't you know?
    A pair of 3.5 or 4" in the dash.
    Buy/build speaker pods for the doors or kick panels.

3. 75Camaro4x4

75Camaro4x4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I really love my NVX VS series speakers, and I listen to similar music. Well, I listen to almost everything as well.

But as far as "best speaker", there really isn't one. It will somewhat be vehicle/user dependant.

I also advise listening to a speaker if possible before purchase. But if you want to go by word of mouth, I really like my NVX. Hence, the reason I deal with them. If you're interested, send me a PM.

4. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I made a panel to go under the opening in the dash, two 4 inch coax speakers side by side. Not great for separation but not a big deal in the old Camaro anyway.