Beware 1970 SS Camaro

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by royriccomini, Feb 4, 2020.

1. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Up to $28k with 50 bids, 38 minutes to go.

2. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

3. Vettenick

Vettenick Vettenick

Probably thinking someone will buy it sight unseen. I'd like to know how many times someone bought a "mint" car online, then had it delivered without even seeing it in person, only to be shocked to see what gets unloaded off the truck.

4. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

It still blows me away someone would drop $30k but not spend $300 on a flight and hotel first! The gentleman I bought my car from in chicago sent plenty of pics and was comfortable accommodating me for an in person visit and inspection. Cost me a weekend and $200 (I have plenty of air miles). Not only do you get to fully inspect the car, you also get to assess the seller. Sometimes the latter is more important than the former. The PO I Dealt with was a top notch guy which made me feel even better about completing the transaction.

zfool, Dave Nelson and Smokey15 like this.
  5. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

As soon as I smell sketchy I bolt. eBay is a nest of sketchy. CL can be. FB marketplace is a joke most of the time.

6. Vettenick

Vettenick Vettenick

As long as people let people take advantage, it will never end. "A sucker is born every minute".

Smokey15 likes this.
  7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

You assume people are inherently bad...but it can be argued most are good. You can buy a car unseen if you work the deal properly. I bought a car sight unseen and it was actually in better shape once I dug into it than the one I actually inspected lol....

8. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

nope. I believe most people are inherently honest. But I’m no fool to believe everyone is. The amount of risk is proportional to the amount of money you are spending. I rarely verify Low cost stuff and I’ve only been burned a couple of times. But when spending some serious coin on a purchase that’s Based on a described condition That is subjective, I’ll do my due diligence every time. After making the trip and purchasing this car I would have been fine buying sight unseen as the seller was a straight up honest guy. But, like the subject of this post, others are not....

biendog and Smokey15 like this.