BEWARE of MOMENTUM CAMARO

1970RSZ28

Jun 1, 2003
NorCal
Fellow gear heads. What happened to Jim and Momentum Camaro out of Texas? I have made many transactions with Momentum till my last order never showed up. Yes, my credit card was charged over $700.00. After over 20 phone messages with no reply, I started to worry. Now my credit card service tells me that a claim has to be filed in writing within 60 days. I gave Jim the benefit of the doubt and missed this filing deadline. Horse on me! Do you think Jim would man up and return my phone calls? Do you think Jim would man up and try to make good on my parts?
#$%& NO!
Learn from my mistakes!
Time to pay off my CITIBANK card, shred it and find a different bank!
So much for buyer protection!
Do I sound mad? @#$% YES!
@#$% MOMENTUM and @#$% Citibank!
Remember, What goes around, comes around!

1972_Z-28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 6, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
Sorry to hear that about him again, been many complaints of that type of him. If you like I can go by his shop wednesday after work and see if he is around and find out what's up. If you like PM me with whatever info that you think I may need to let him know what you ordered etc.,
He is a nice person but just doesn't know how to run a business or doesn't care. I check with him before ordering stuff online just because he local.

Wes

Last edited:

PhilM

Veteran Member
Aug 30, 1999
Pac NW
Thats why I buy everything Local. If i have a problem, its handled. It might cost me a little more, but its worth it for me..

Sorry to hear about this. I hope it works out in your favor in the end.

camaro gold z28

Veteran Member
Sep 21, 2004
severn, maryland
I ordered some parts from Moementum back in November 2006. Order never came but I did my order COD so I did not loose any money. Sorry about your lose. I did call his 800 number many time with no return call. Over the years, I did get some good stuff. Sorry to see this happen. Hope you can get your money back.

jon

Magicman

Jan 1, 2009
Alvin,Texas
Phone #

Who has his phone #? I'm looking for some parts that I know he has. His shop is still there but he never is. My job is just down the street from his and I go by there at all times trying to catch him there but so far no luck. Did you ever get your money back? Don't plan on ordering anything just want to pick up a couple of parts.

carnino73

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2005
Hoquiam WA
1972_Z-28 said:
Sorry to hear that about him again, been many complaints of that type of him. If you like I can go by his shop wednesday after work and see if he is around and find out what's up. If you like PM me with whatever info that you think I may need to let him know what you ordered etc.,
He is a nice person but just doesn't know how to run a business or doesn't care. I check with him before ordering stuff online just because he local.

Wes
He's a "nice person" that appears to have stolen $700.00 from another person. The jails are full of nice poeple like that!
Pat

hhott71

R.I.P 11/19/18
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 30, 2001
Joplin Mo. 64801
File a complaint with the DA in the County he has his shop in.
He committed FRAUD and Theft. Report him to the FBI and the what federal law enforcement agencies that deal in credit card state to state transactions.

I run an on-line business and NEVER EVER charge ANYONE'S card until the order is Boxed and labeled awaiting UPS or USPS Pick-up!

ANYTHING Less is DECEITFUL!

April81Z28

Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Eldersburg, MD, USA
If you are trying to find James at his shop, try later in the afternoon - after 2 pm. I've gotten a few things from him in the past, and I know that's when he used to be there.

Latest posts