BF Goodrich Radial TA vs Cooper Cobra Radial GT reviews

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by biggrass, Jan 13, 2021.

1. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Veteran Member

Not a fan of RWL's anymore. Just want blacks now but can't seem to find anything in 235's so guess I'll just have to turn the letters to the inside.....didn't really want to do that either

2. Bills69

Bills69 Veteran Member

I have read Coopers rated better handling and other areas
    quote of 235 60 15 Coopers $625

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

Those look nice. I just did a search on the MT website and it said those tires were available from Discount Tire. The MT tire on Discount Tire's website was a competition type, out-of-stock, and $211.00 each. Cooper was $130.00 each and BFG was $147.00 each.

I think the MT tire exceeds my need just by looking at the tread pattern. Maybe it's more for autocross, I don't know.
    https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/mickey-thompson-et-street-s-s/p/30389

Saw (out-of-stock) Pirelli for $261.00 each. :eek:

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

Correct and thanks for the link. The price is really good and the reviews are good, too. I'll have to consider these in the future.

6. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I run the Mickey Thompsons. 235x60x15 front and 295x50x15 rear. Been running these tires exclusively since I finished my restoration in 2010. They are a great tire for the price. I have used Cooper and BFG in past. I like these the best.

7. Notazed

Notazed Member

I went with Cooper's can't be more happy. The 12 year old in me wishes the image of the Cobra on the side without the white lettering was on the lettering side also. I didn't go with the bfg's cause I heard they aren't actually bfg's anymore. They're made by coker tire now.

79ws6resto likes this.
  8. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Coker tire....I'm pretty sure doesn't make the Radial T/As. They are made by Michelin. At least that was the rep that I talked to to get the RA # Tire Rack needed to get mine replaced last year.

Last Feb, yes before Covid, at Barrett Jackson the Kelsey Tire boys were pushing their Goodyear Polysteel Radial re-pops for our cars and the vettes. They wanted to talk about everything BUT price. These tires were the shizzles, but at close to a total $1800.00 for a set of 4 mounted and balanced, they can keep them till they rot.

9. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

BFG’s are made by Michelin, not Coker. o_O

Coker Tire
    Company is a proud provider of vintage BF Goodrich tire designs for collectors, restorers and custom vehicle builders.