BF Goodrich Radial TA vs Cooper Cobra Radial GT reviews

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by biggrass, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Notazed

Notazed Member

Sorry, didn't know they were made by Michelin now, I just heard that coker had licensed the design for sale after BFG discontinued them.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Michelin has owned BFG for decades.

3. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

Whatever brand you buy I'd suggest you have them balanced using a 'Hunter Road force' balancer. It costs a little more than having it done with a standard spin balancer but its worth it (speaking from experience with my BFG radials). Not every tire store has a road force balancer so you might have to check around a little to find one.

4. Willie Bifulco

Willie Bifulco Member

Really like the BFG T/A look, but I swear I could see the lettering turn yellow immediately after having them mounted last year.

5. Sunny Z/28

Sunny Z/28 Member Gold Member

I have Kelly Chargers on mine, they were on when I bought the car. They are too short (215/55/15) and don't fill the wheel well up. Drives me a little crazy.

My next set is going to be these repros from Kelley Tire of the original Goodyear Steelgards: https://www.kelseytire.com/performance-group-7/gr70-15-steelgard-rwl/

Something about Chevrolet's with Goodyear tires does it for me.

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

Those look good, too but is the price wrong on page? Price per tire: $380.00.
    I've looked at the wrong tire before (even in this thread), so I want to be sure these are an option for me in the future. Thanks

carhead22000 likes this.
  7. Sunny Z/28

Sunny Z/28 Member Gold Member

That's the right number if you order them direct, crazy.

My local Goodyear shop said if I order through them, they get a 25-30% discount.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  8. 19806.0Berlinetta

19806.0Berlinetta New Member

For those whose white letters are turning brown, I've had good success keeping mine white by spraying on some Westley's Bleach White to a dry tire, followed by a good scrubbing with an SOS pad.

79ws6resto likes this.
  9. Silverback

Silverback New Member

All RWL tires will start yellowing and even turning brown unless you scrub them with something like beach white regularly, and then you'll eventually wear them down. Once you hit either point the easiest way to get them to look good again is to clean them off spotless and redo the RWL with a tire marker/pen. Since I usually end up putting drag radials on the back at one point or another I usually to Blackwall out just because the DR's typically don't have RWL and sometimes I don't want people to notice that something is different.

10. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

All RWL do not turn yellow or brown. I had a set of Good Year Eagle GT II for about 25 yrs and they never needed cleaning. They were only cleaned when I washed the brake dust off the front rims a couple times/month.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021