BF Goodrich Radial TA vs Cooper Cobra Radial GT reviews

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by biggrass, Jan 13, 2021.

1. KingDragon

KingDragon Kickin tires and Lighting fires

Cooper = Made in USA
    Micky thompsn = Made in CHINA

2. DesmoEd

DesmoEd Veteran Member

The tires on my '73 will age out before they wear out so I figure no need to spend anything more than necessary. Early last year when I bought fresh 15 inch rubber I was surprised to see the BFG T/A's so much more than the Cooper's. I saw no need to spend more money on what is basically the same tire so she got the Coopers.

The key is to keep them fresh and schuck em when they age out regardless of wear

So far I like the Coopers, I'm over a year into them and they were last cleaned about 6 months and 500 miles ago

[​IMG]

Dave Nelson and berg2695 like this.
  3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

M1 Master Gunner likes this.
  4. KingDragon

KingDragon Kickin tires and Lighting fires

Most of the M/T tires are made in the USA. For some stupid reason their ST line isnt. Know why the Chinese dont make airplanes? Because theyll fall out of the sky. No way in Hell Chinese tires are going on my American Muscle Car

M1 Master Gunner likes this.
  5. Notazed

Notazed New Member

Then I don't think Michelin make the radial t/a anymore cause it was big news a few years ago that they were being discontinued. I just remember that coker was going to produce them the same way they make polyglas and redlines.

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

i dunno. Radial TAs are still on the BFG web pages and still warrantied through BFG dealers. Coker BFGs, like silvertown radials, which are actually a past generation radial TAs, are not listed or warranted by BFG.

7. Notazed

Notazed New Member

I don't really know either now. It's got me questioning my memory lol. Either way I'm pleased with the Coopers.

8. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

One year ago I had mine looked at and then approved for a full RTA refund by a Michelin representative.
    That tells me Michelin, just like Tire Rack told me the factory Rep makes the call. Michelin paid Tire Rack to replace them. Michelin made them. I have the paperwork.
    So when the Brown letter T/As show up on your car, it's the Michelin Man giving you the finger.
    Not BFG, or Coker Tire, or anyone else.

I had a whole thread on this , about 25 pages long. Had to delete it because some guy kept bashing Radial T/As over and over and over and over again. As it turns out he never even had bought a set to complain about in the first place.

Kinda like some guy giving you all this Divorce advice, who's never been through one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    BillyDean7173 likes this.
  9. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The new version/formula of Westleys Bleach White won't clean anything. It's super weak. If you have some of the old formula stuff...you are golden when it comes to this white letter or white wall cleaning.

10. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Bfg is Michelin. Like Chevy and gmc are gm. but that backs up my thought on who makes them