Bilstein Shocks Question!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 74Z28GC3, Mar 3, 2017.

1. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Thanks!

Started putting them on and removed the drivers front shock. A little backstory on this....I carried my car to a alignment shop to get the alignment done. I guess in my hastiness I didn't put the bolts in the drivers front shock? I'll own that if I did...it's possible.

The alignment shop told me that the shock had gotten damaged at some point. Had to be my trip there because I haven't driven the car up to that point.

I told them to go ahead replace it, I finally got around to pulling the one they "installed" out and I kept thinking damn this thing is long and looks weird. Here it is against my bilstein fronts...can anyone spot whats off about it?

2017-03-20 10.53.47.jpg

It's a freaking rear shock they installed on the front....and a cheap one at that. Needless to say I won't be using them anymore. I had them bleed the brakes too and was missing a lug nut on the rear by the time I got back home.

https://www.amazon.com/Monroe-32112-Monro-Matic-Shock-Absorber/dp/B000COSAEW

2. Detrailers

Detrailers Veteran Member

One of the cheapie shocks I took off when putting the Bilsteins back on actually wasn't doing a great job at all! 20170316_132123.jpg

3. John Mangan

John Mangan New Member

I want to thank everyone on this thread. I was researching shocks for my 79 Z28 and it looks like I found my answer. A lot of great info on this site!

4. M Patrick

M Patrick New Member

Would not worry about the warranty on the Bilsteins, I not only have them on my 1978 Camaro I also have them on my 1974 VW Thing that I use mostly off road and have not had any problems with the shocks over the past 4 years.