Bittersweet day...another one leaves the stable.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep bro, same thing I did with the Chevelle, sold that with the 14" stocker SS wheels and sold the Bonspeed's separately. :cool:

Buddy of mine told me he saw a car like mine go through a Mecum auction recently on TV, same OEM stock look and with a non-matching # motor but a '70 LT-1 replacement like mine and it fetched $59k, we get Mecum here in August locally in Monterey but frankly, it's such a crapshoot with all the fees...I'm happy with the money I got and I'm pretty sure the new owner is stoked as well. ;)

2. AllensaurusRex

AllensaurusRex Veteran Member

It sure was a good looking car though...love that color scheme with those original wheels.

3. Buickfunnycar

Thanks, I agree...Hugger Orange/Black stripe RS, probably the ultimate 1970 Z/28.

Well got a text from Paul, they made it safely back home after driving straight through and except for some bugs, it's in one piece.
    He said the car got lots of attention when they stopped for dinner at an In-and-Out.

Here's what my garage stall looks like now, no car but a stack of sequentially-numbered $100 bills,LOL...these new bills don't even look real :confused: ...the funny car fund is now fully replenished after the '28 Roadster purchase chewed into it a little! :cool:
    [​IMG]

4. z2880

z2880 Veteran Member

My garage has the same pan!!

5. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So am i reading right the you are going to race ingenue now rather than a static display?

6. Buickfunnycar

No Matt, that car's never going down the track under it's own power again, just a cacklecar...same plan for the dragster. :)

7. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ok, thats what I thought but when you start talking a chassis shop being involved I was thining maybe it was going to go again!

8. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

I hope you bring the Buick back east sometime. There is a bunch of nostalgia shows and reunions here.

9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Holy Crap, what a mess. Propane bottles, weed killler, random boxes - everything is out of order and sloppy.:eek:

10. PSV

PSV New Member

Thank you John

John I'm glad to be the next owner and care taker of this fantastic car. I can't say I'll have it 30+ years as I'm 44 already but hopefully one of my two boys will take an interest in the cars and have the experiences I've been able to share with my Dad. I drag raced a 70 camaro with my Dad from the time I was 13 until I left for college. The car is still sitting in his garage, 80's graphics and all.

It was quite a long haul. All in it was 2040 miles, 34 hours on the road drive time, 150 gallons of gas and worth every bit of it.

Thank you for accommodating my schedule and for the hospitality , dinner, and beer. My dad and I had a great time and lots of memories to share of the trip. He's almost 70 now and you just never know how many more trips like this we will be able to share.

I can't figure out my photo bucket to post a couple pics as its been so long since I've posted on here. I'm going to try to be more active on the forum.

I do plan a few things for the car. I want to extend the exhaust out the back and am looking at the gardner system but not sure how I feel about the tiny pipes. I'm also looking for an original dual snorkel air cleaner and would like to add fuel injection but retain the carb look. Thinking of the MSD atomic efi or the Holley terminator systems if anyone has any feedback I would appreciate it. The 6500+ elevation is beyond my carb tuning abilities. Car still runs strong and I stretched its legs a bit before putting it away for the day till the heat cools off some and I can clean it up from the trip.