Bittersweet day...another one leaves the stable.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Alex71RS

Alex71RS Veteran Member

How much of the original chassis is Davidson going to save on the Buick? I don't recall the chassis being in bad shape, I just remember that it needed some tin work and maybe some missing pieces re-made. The car was actually pretty complete (as a roller), as I remember. That car is going to look killer when it's all painted and polished.

Do you have anybody lined up for the lettering and the gold leaf on the body? I've got a guy.......I'll introduce you to him at Famoso in October.

2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

That should be enough to cover dinner for 5 huh?;)
    Good grief, clean that clutter up!:screwup:

3. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The roadtrip with your pops is the best part Paul, glad you both were able to make that together and like you said, you never know when you'll be able to do something like that again...so cherish it. :)

Photobucket isn't real hard to re-learn but they have changed their format so just play with it and you'll get it, would love to see more pictures of it.

I would steer clear of the Gardner system as well because of the small pipes you mentioned, that would choke down that LT-1 big time, leave that system for the purists and just have a local shop fab you up some tails or look to Flowmaster or some like company for pre-made tails.

The dual snorkel a/cleaner would look great, the car had an 3" open element a/cleaner on it when I bought it, just remember that you'll have to change the linkage to the stock system which is no biggie.

Glad you were able to open it up a bit, I do miss that car and will look forward to more pics in your huge 5-car garage! :cool:

4. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Alex, I don't think he'll need to replace any of the frame, just pretty much the things you mentioned as you saw it in Bako, just work on refinishing the chassis (haven't figured out if I want to PC it, paint it or blue it), get the rear brakes in operating order and some other stuff.
    He'll actually be doing a whole lot of restoration on the dragster so I'm building a relationship with him with the flopper.

I don't have anyone for the lettering, the body will be the very last thing I do to the car so while I have ideas on how to tackle that issue, I'm open to your suggestions as always...:)