Black Driveways Matter

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Thanks for the complements guys!

In the past couple of years I’ve done roofing, siding, tree trimming/removal, landscaping projects.

I wanted all of those other truck and heavy equipment jobs done before the driveway was replaced to prevent any possible damage to the edges etc.

I just need to finish my deck refinishing job and I can call it good for outside projects this year.:D

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Man that looks great Terry! That's a hard trigger to pull with the price tag, but I'm sure the improvement was well worth it when it was all said and done. Very nice digs and nice setting! And I'm sure it probably won't get any cheaper in the near future.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Looking good Terry, that will also help with the value of your property. The driveway is usually the first impression on a potential buyer.

danbrennan

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 1999
Brighton, MI
We had our asphalt driveway extended to a complete circle last year. They sure do look nice when they're brand new. After sealing, too.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
I put this job off for years but I finally pulled the trigger on replacing my 40 year old driveway.

HUGE Improvement visually.
View attachment 146925
I just hope the hill doesn’t get too slick in the Winter.

View attachment 146924

4500 Sq/Ft of black to assist global warming. ;)

My Camaro is trapped in the garage for at least a week. :(

I’m not planning to drive on it for two weeks, just to be safe.
looking good. you would really be ok to drive on it by now, just be mindful of what we call "power steering marks"....turning the wheel when the car isnt moving will scuff it up. depending on how hot it is where you are, those could happen for a while. but, as you know, the longer you stay off of it the better. i bet it smells great too......(i love the smell of asphalt)

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Driving across it would probably be fine but I have a car that is parked on it.
The smell is pretty much gone already.
(I don't mind the smell of fresh asphalt.)

I worked on a county road crew 40 years ago and the smell of chip coating mix still turns my stomach.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
I like it. I can’t even imagine what my triple width driveway would cost.
Same here. I can fit 6 across, 2 deep from road to house, then 5 up the side of the house. All paved when I bought the place in 2008, I cannot imagine the cost now.

Just sealing it is big bucks, but it looks good. Just roofing my place this year was 14 grand.