Black Friday Parts...what a bust!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Dec 1, 2020.

1. sooner

sooner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The only place that I saw any real discounts was on the speedmaster/pro comp website. I threatened to buy a pro billet distributor for $42 shipped just to try one, but didnt. Their full cnc SBC 217cc heads were like $387 each bare, and I noticed that all of their LS heads sold out quick. They had vortec air gap intakes for $113 shipped if I recall correctly.

2. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Meh, i was looking for deals, didn't see any that made me reach for my wallet

RMTZ28 likes this.
  3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

LMAO... I was thinking the same thing.

4. camaro lover

camaro lover Veteran Member

if your canadian, musclecarsandclassics have some good deals for another 1 day and 16 hrs yet. i was thinking about ordering a set of roof rail weatherstrips but after the issues i had last year waiting on an order to ship i am second guessing dealing with them again. plus i have never heard of "Precision" brand weatherstrip before. they are out of Windsor Ont.

5. Chevyforever

Chevyforever Veteran Member

musclecarsandparts, just checked out their site and don't care for the way they list numerous items without indicating who the mfr is ... suspicious

6. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Labatt Blue ftw!!!!

Only problem is the bottles are only 11.5 ounces, versus the typical 12 ounce standard. That means a 24 bottle case of beer is really only 23 bottles...... :mad:

I'll stick to the 12 ounce cans.

7. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Most of the speed parts have VERY low margins (<25%), so there isnt much room for discounts. Now of course, the catalogs did this to themselves, while putting every local speed shop in the country out of business.
    Lots of manufacturers enforce MAP pricing to protect the few sellers they have left.

8. 73RATTYZ28

73RATTYZ28 Veteran Member

Previous years were much better maybe sales are way up due to COVID. Local auto parts speed shop owner says he has seen a lot of new customers who have their cars for years but now working from home they finally have time to get them going.

[email protected] likes this.