Black Friday:

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

[​IMG]

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

So true

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Its one of the days that people are extra crazy. with greed in mind. A good day to stay away from the stores unless you are working.

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

The extent of my Black Friday shopping:

1. Went to my local Cadillac dealer and had 4 new Continental Pure Contact LS tires installed on our ATS. $200 rebate required purchase by 11/30/19. Paid $7.23 under the TireRack price per tire and so my net cost is under $100.00 each after the rebate. All done in one hour.

2. Stopped by Walgreens and picked up the photos I submitted on line yesterday. No waiting.

3. Stopped at Lowes and had them price match the Black Friday price on the 9' Christmas tree I purchased last week. No waiting at the customer service desk and promptly got a $42.00 refund to my credit card.

Went home and shoveled snow (not enough snow overnight to fire up the Husqvarna)...

roadrace2 likes this.
  5. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Good work, Champ. You did a lot more Black Friday shopping than I did. I overslept and missed Black Friday completely. :)

6. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

i hate "shopping." If i actually have to go to a store, i call it "buying", cause im just walking in to buy what i came for, and not interested in looking at anything else. you will never see me near a store on Black Friday. I think its a shame that this world is so messed up that people need to go shopping on Thanksgiving now. Its my opinion that most people go to buy stuff just cause its cheap and on sale, not because they need it.

Smokey15 and mrfleet12 like this.
  7. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

15750563108087642895021021944858.png

Smokey15 and mrfleet12 like this.
  8. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

went to lowes for a few light switches....arrived at 0700..left 0710....been home since! ;)
    wife went out for some "clothes" left 1000 hrs...still not home at 1900 hrs....lol...:lush:

almost forgot..ordered 2 front axle shafts....25% off advance auto ....ONLINE...picked them up around 1700 hrs with the pizzas...20 min max

9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

I worked today. Swung the big tanker into the loading area of a Lowe's and parked along the side of the store away from any other vehicles...plus allowed myself a way out.

I been needing a decent wet/dry vac. Lowe's had a 12 gallon/6hp motor unit for $39 (normally $100). The adventure took exactly 7 minutes.

10. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I did my Black Friday shopping online from China! Ordered a new laptop for my consulting work, 50% off from the Dell website. I'll pick it up when I get home in three weeks.