Black Friday:

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Nov 29, 2019.

1. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

The wife goes bf shopping with her mom and sisters. Doesn’t bother me much as the guys, well we just have a few beers and watch football.
    And go to work the next morning.
    I will say a few years ago I went, with my brother in law. Walmart had a deal on 65” vizio lcd tv’s for $400. We both got one - the girls had gone in and gotten the “tickets” earlier. We just went to pick them up. They didn’t have to fight or show up super early either.

2. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Got my stuff online. No parking, no crowds, no muss or fuss. :D

3. gin man

gin man Veteran Member Gold Member

Today was our first time ever for Black Friday. Went to Home Depot and bought a new refrigerator and then across the street to Comcast to switch our phones from Verizon to Comcast. Our bill went from $86/month to $36/month with 1gb more data than before. Came home and had a nice bourbon to celebrate so all in all, it was a good day.

Smokey15 and mrfleet12 like this.
  4. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It was a nice day out, around 50 and sunny for a while. I did yard work. I ordered a few things online, but not exactly because of Black Friday. I needed some sneakers.:)

5. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Summit Racing got my BF shopping, ordered the CPP Big Brake kit for the front of my 73, saved $65.. Then a little shopping for my daughter and her 5 month old little girl (all online).. Can't help but spoil the grandkids, that seems to be all year long though:)
    I steer clear of the stores, nothing worth making the trip to an actual store..

6. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

went to 1 store Thursday evening with the kids just because they wanted me to tag along. didnt spend a dime, because we didnt need anything. came home from the kids house Friday morning, stopped at a Walmart to pick up stuff to make chili, looked in the ammo case, ended up buying 100rds of .38spl. for $30, 200 .45 for $49 and a 100rds or 9mm for $15. technically not a black Friday shopping deal. jim

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

why would that bother anyone? A wife doesn’t need a husbands ok or approval to go out.

8. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I'm thinking I know what it would take to make it a real BLACK friday. What if some enterprising hacker got into the cash register system of a few of the major stores and shut them down the the entire day.
    It would be a BLACK day for shoppers, store employees, and store owners.

9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I didn't (couldn't) go anywhere yesterday. At one end of the street my apartment complex is on has these Tanger shopping outlets. Over 100 stores. Obviously, the traffic was bumper to bumper. In the opposite direction is the Daytona Race Track. Only about 1 mile from my apartment. Being held this weekend is the Turkey Run - a car show which starts on Thanksgiving day. Approximately 7000-8000 participants and a billion spectators. I literally couldn't pull out of the apartments.

Seeing I'm stuck here I decided to pack a little for my move back to New York. I should be leaving by the end of next week. My daughter called me this morning....12-18+ inches of the fluffy stuff going to eastern NY. Can't wait!!!!!

The Champ likes this.
  10. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

When did I say they needed permission? They have fun together and leave us pretty much alone aside from the occasional phone call “do you want this” or “should I get that what do you think” lol.
    My wife spends her money the way she deems fit and so do I. In 18 years there’s never been an arguement over money.

Smokey15 likes this.