Blower motor not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting & Diagnosis' started by Jerry M, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Jerry M

Jerry M Member

Hey again, more problems with the car as always. I have installed an AC delete box and trying to get the blower motor to work. I have a wiring diagram that I have tried to duplicate as best as possible with the relay and the resistors. I duplicated it as the original wires going to the connectors were cut by a previous owner who decided cutting all the wires in the engine bay was a great way to stop a short. We no longer have a compressor or anything else with the AC system really. Just the motor, relay, resistors and factory controls in the car. If anyone has a detailed wiring diagram or has done it and is willing to share how they did it, that’d be great! The original switch’s back piece with connectors had fallen apart so I have a brand new switch, a brand new motor that I’ve tested with 12V and it works, and a brand new relay, the only thing not new in the system is the resistor setup, because it is still in quite decent shape. The fuse is good. I noticed that the brown wire going to the fuse box has a connector end and I’m not sure if it’s connected to the right connector, although it has never been taken out of that plug.

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

If the fuse is good, do you get power on the brown wire? It appears that that wire feeds power to the A/C selector switch on the dash and from there to the fan speed switch. If you can get in there with a meter and determine where you have power and where you don't, it would help.

3. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Does that big old original resistor have a spot to sit in your AC delete box?

4. Jerry M

Jerry M Member

Yes, I’m keeping it off of any metal as to not have it ground.