Blown 79 Z28 Camaro Make it Better Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Bandit723, Oct 1, 2016.

  1. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    Well i will see what i can do. I don't have a lot of room to work with the P295 50's take up a lot of room.
     
  2. G72Zed

    G72Zed Veteran Member

    Messages:
    1,505
    Likes Received:
    458
    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2015
    Location:
    Canada
    You could weld a tab from underneath to triangulate it, then box in the sides, should not interfere as it's no wider that it is now, and that should support it enough not to have it break again.
     
  3. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    More stuff done this week. was working on trying to get the horn working with my cheap Grant steering wheel, well that turned into a big fail. So snagged a new used OEM steering wheel of EBay much better.

    20190912_062158.jpg 70174221_948703468802106_7807438541905985536_n.jpg
     
    dave@ztech likes this.
  4. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    So worked on the rear shocks this morning. Ended downgrading to a set of more street friendly units. I also added a shock extender seeing that i can not find a off the shelf set of shocks that are long enough for the suspension. Pretty sure two things came into play with breaking the shock mount. too stiff of a shock and almost no play to extend anymore downward. Did go for a test ride down main street waupaca roughest road around here no more rattles [​IMG]

    70841934_952877238384729_5340010096988520448_o.jpg
     
  5. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    Went for a long ride so far shocks and the extenders are holding up.

    70315738_953090035030116_8369635149473644544_n.jpg 70916218_953090005030119_4865892965035278336_n.jpg
     
    dave@ztech and 80sz like this.
  6. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    Well the rear of the is looking good. Far better than the lean it had to the drivers side. by the look is a little higher. One more tweak on the front coilovers should be good.

    70425910_953957371610049_7455739930782728192_n.jpg
     
  7. green 1977

    green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

    Messages:
    3,797
    Likes Received:
    103
    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2003
    Location:
    On Wisconsin!
    kinda quiet in here :)
     
  8. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    Yeah...getting Lazy Lol...
     
  9. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    Well has been a while since i updated this project. I did get some stuff done over the winter so it is catch up time. I decided to abandon my ProSystems carb. Not saying it is a POS but i just for the life of me could not get that thing to work out. No matter what i tried i could not get the engine to lean out and hit any reasonable AFR numbers. Also got tired of fouling out plugs.

    So went back to the Holley 4150 650 carb and tweaked it a bit. Opened up the Air bleeds went from 70 to 76, put in a 5.5 power valve and up'd the secondary jets by two sizes. AFR numbers are good and the plugs are looking tan so far has been a win. Gas mileage also went up.

    20200101_080926.jpg

    First Drive after putting on the 650 Holley

     
  10. Bandit723

    Bandit723 Veteran Member

    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    474
    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2016
    Location:
    Waupaca WI
    Finally got around to reupholstering the back seats. They did come out nice and was easier to do than i thought it would be. I spot blast the wire seat frames and put on a coat of epoxy paint. Guess this is not a perfect restore but is better than letting them continue to rust out.

    20200405_111836.jpg 20200405_113215.jpg 20200406_070010.jpg 20200409_181118.jpg 20200409_181138.jpg 20200410_093355.jpg 20200410_102006.jpg
     
    75Maro likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.