Blueprint Engines Factory Tour

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Chevyforever, Jan 16, 2021.

1. sandlapper

sandlapper Veteran Member

RTFM !
    JMO One of BP's most popular sbc long block motors under $3K BP3503CT1 ... Read the published Specs
    later block bored 60 over; it'll surely have old-style, less-efficient wide rings too. Read the specs. RTFM.
    https://blueprintengines.com/produc...lock-gm-style-iron-heads-roller-cam-bp3503ct1

how many miles / run-time will the occasional hobbyist rack up before any BP warranty expires in 30 months ?
    warranty clearly states causes of any problems with Your motor shall be determined and decided by BP (Not Your local expert/professional).
    warranty clearly states all claims shall be instituted (aka filed) in and construed (aka decided) by Nebraska courts.
    BP warranty https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2160/9839/files/sm115.pdf?5044347280740304565
    JMO YMMV

2. 1320feet

1320feet Veteran Member

What happened at the 3:48 mark when he had to hit the e-stop? Didn't sound good to me. What's with the ball hone at 8:02? I noticed the oil pump torque plate at 8:49. This is something I've always used when line honing. Owner was in the shop with gloves on at 23:40. I would have liked to see more cylinder head stuff. I really liked the piston ring and pin installation setup 14:16.

3. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

there are very few local expert/professionals around anymore

clearly you have a problem with modern engine rebuilders so DON'T BUY ONE

but a LOT of people do & are very satisfied

4. sandlapper

sandlapper Veteran Member

assumption
    Perhaps one must look deeper / pay more for a regional pro?
    No, I worked as a reliability & Q engineer; just so happens I build mine & others'
    I see what others end up with and pay attention to those truths the specs tell.
    If you're happy with Reman; your opinion, car, money and time.

I'm a fan of GM's NEW crate motors; even more so as GM returned machining & assembly ops to USA last year
    JMO YMMV:bowtie:

-add- 10 JAN 21 rather frosty Dillon Motor Speedway
    07 car started 30th got 10th, that's a GM x602 crate that's been "breathed on"
    that's w/350 carb but could've run a 500. Driver made all the diff.
    been helping the 40+ driver since he was a teen. Human is driver's stepdad.
    20210110_111747.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Patstuff28 likes this.
  5. Buddy70z28

Buddy70z28 New Member

I purchased a S10 pickup with a BP engine straight from Summit and it ran like no SBC I have ever owned and I sold it and it got transferred to 1968 C10 short bed and is still being abused every day and countless trips down the dragstrip. My point is they build a good product for the money. I have also tried the sleeve option on a engine and my machine shop "who is a friend " told me $150 per hole! I don't know about you guys but I would rather buy the BP than go this route unless it's a numbers matching super rare car. Just my thoughts on that.

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Agree, a sleeve is for a block you just need to save!

7. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I watched it a while ago, pretty awesome stuff! I wouldn't mind buying an engine from them. Machine costs around here are getting to where they are about 2/3 the price of a crate engine and I still have to supply the parts! I am hopeful to buy a 68 camaro with a 327 in it within the next couple of years(Family friend) and wouldn't mind keeping that in storage(number matching) and using a blue print crate LS for it.

John Wright likes this.
  8. hoppy

hoppy New Member

FWIW i have personally taken a tour though blueprint engines plant and would like to mention they do free tours to any one interested. They are located in Kearney Nebraska (central Nebraska) right near interstate 80. It may help to call ahead to make sure they can give you a tour when you stop by. It seemed reputable to me.

9. Vsolo

Vsolo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This kid (I'm really old) is very helpful and recently (Jan 14th) did a whole tour of the Blue Print Engine Plant. I'm really impressed with all things covered in their video.

They also have several engine/trans set up. They do provide good technical support too.

10. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

It a mass production facility, not your local race shop around the corner. You can't expect the same knowledge, care and dedication from a 19 year old guy who's only responsibility is to put rings on a piston as from one man operation who developed the combination and is building it himself. On the other hand, there are enough crooked/poor one man shops to start a new site around it.
    Know your goals, know your budget make a choice and hit the gas.

G72Zed likes this.