Body Bushings Replacement: How to with tips

Jun 15, 2016
Eden Prairie, MN
What do I do if I only have 5 body mounts???? Front driver side is missing and hole is misaligned by over an inch. Im thinking some front end damage occurred and someone did a quick fix instead of doing it the right way. probably not gonna be able to get one to go back in there, but can do the other 5 I guess? Gonna tackle this project and add some subframe connectors while I redo the rear leafs.
Thanks for the write up - super helpful.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
What do I do if I only have 5 body mounts???? Front driver side is missing and hole is misaligned by over an inch. Im thinking some front end damage occurred and someone did a quick fix instead of doing it the right way. probably not gonna be able to get one to go back in there, but can do the other 5 I guess? Gonna tackle this project and add some subframe connectors while I redo the rear leafs.
Thanks for the write up - super helpful.
Yikes! That's some serious misalignment. Likely need to get it to a reputable body shop for some eyes on diagnostics, hard to say what's going on without seeing it.

1971Dan

Jan 26, 2021
Warwick, NY
I am a long time lurker / fairly new member. Last January, I picked up a 1971 Camaro with an ATK crate 350 and Super T-10 4 speed (VIN indicates it was originally a 6 cyl engine).

I am in the process of building a 496 for it, and will likely go with a Tremec trans w/ OD (just not sure which one yet).

Anyway - I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to sandiego74 for this write up!!! It was so helpful to have all of this information - I was able to get the solid body mounts installed this afternoon with very little drama - MUCH APPRECIATED!

Dan

Latest posts