Bondora’s 71 Camaro Build

Tsnook12

May 26, 2020
Nice build
Did my th350 on the floor with a floor jack which has an old school tranny base adapter that works on a floor jack. Not as fun as having a lift

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
yeah a th350 with converter isn't bad...but a loaded th400 is about my MAX. When I did my truck's 4r70w....i almost got hurt.
Muncie four speed is my limit, and it better go in the first time. But I use a HF trans jack now in my old age.

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
OK, the wife and I put in the new transmission while lying on the floor of my garage. Twas a true pain in the aspirator. I had to also replace the flywheel. We managed to rip one of the transmission lines so I had to replace it a few days later. I had issues with clearance on the floor pan so I had to use right angle ends on the trans lines. The car is running great and I also fixed the AC leak and she blows cold.

tempImagetQTEjw.jpg
tempImageUoSHrW.jpg
tempImagemANDp4.jpg
tempImageKRBO99.jpg
tempImager7LLwJ.jpg

fltinstructor

Dec 11, 2016
Channelview TX
Operation Trans! Wait, what?

Total pain in the butt trying to do this without a lift. I used my jack to lower the trans after removing the crossmember, which would only come out when I loosened the exhaust from the engine. I had to lift the car up even higher to slide out the trans from underneath... Putting in the new one will be a real challenge I'm sure...
Since I still ride and work on motorcycles, I use my motorcycle jack to do transmission installs. It has a short foot pedal to lift that can easily be pumped by hand, There is no fear of it falling off and there are loops to use a tie down strap to be sure. Really low floor clearance and wide four wheels to easily roll it. You can just see it under the trans. I know you are done now, but thought I'd throw this out there.

Attachments

• TKX Disc Fitment.jpg
    TKX Disc Fitment.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 34

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
Since I still ride and work on motorcycles, I use my motorcycle jack to do transmission installs. It has a short foot pedal to lift that can easily be pumped by hand, There is no fear of it falling off and there are loops to use a tie down strap to be sure. Really low floor clearance and wide four wheels to easily roll it. You can just see it under the trans. I know you are done now, but thought I'd throw this out there.
i bet @bondora68 has a chesty wife. Just as good as a lift Haha.

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
So my car is stuck in paint shop jail even though I go over there and ask about the car every week. It has been 9 weeks with very little progress....
Each time I see the car it is just gathering dust and has stuff stacked on it...

Attachments

• 9AB24F6F-962C-4510-B3CA-AED95AFB4582.jpeg
    9AB24F6F-962C-4510-B3CA-AED95AFB4582.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 7EC5EE54-2C4D-4776-AD41-392F81C99B88.jpeg
    7EC5EE54-2C4D-4776-AD41-392F81C99B88.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 34