Bondora’s 71 Camaro Build

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Hanging headliner...I used this glue from Lowes. It was recommended by a buddy who owns a trim shop. I used a body filler scraper to tuck the headliner into the front and rear grooves.. View attachment 120119 View attachment 120120 View attachment 120121 View attachment 120122 View attachment 120123 View attachment 120124 View attachment 120125 View attachment 120126 View attachment 120127 View attachment 120128
Sorry to dig this up Bondoro, but how much of the killmat did you use?

hubedobeedo

3rd times a charm
Jul 18, 2013
Huntertown,IN
So my car is stuck in paint shop jail even though I go over there and ask about the car every week. It has been 9 weeks with very little progress....
Each time I see the car it is just gathering dust and has stuff stacked on it...
that's a shame could still be in your garage where it's probably safer

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
OK, I need some advice. I dropped off the car at the paint shop on July 5th of this year. We agreed (on paper) that he would finish final bodywork and paint the car within 60 days. I gave a down payment of $1500 to get things rolling. The remaining $3500 would be due after the job is finished.
Very little has been done to my car. The whole car has been sanded and that's about it. It has been over 90 days and all I get is excuses. It looks like he is having trouble keeping employees and maybe even keeping the doors open. My car is covered in body shop dust inside and out. My interior is brand new and now covered in thick dust. They pulled the rear windshield off for paint and did not bother to cover it.
My worry is that his shop is going under and that I will show up one day to find the place permanently locked and closed and my car will be trapped in red tape and court cases.
Should I just cut my losses and go get my car? Do I trust that he will finish the job? I check on the car twice a week and I get stories about how they are "about to start working on it" but that never happens. The owner is a poor communicator who avoids me and is never at the shop. He is going through a divorce and I'm worried that my car is just not a priority anymore (if it ever was).

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
I would have an attorney send them a letter to get your property together and have you pick it up with the assistance of Law Enforcement and that they are financially responsible for any damage or missing property in their possession. . Then I would file a suit against them for any damages in local court.

In the insurance world, they are required to maintain insurance for holding onto other people property at their facility. There is a term for this, although right now I cant recall the terminology.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
"Garagekeepers insurance."

"

4. Something happens to your client’s cars.​

As an auto repair shop, you keep lots of vehicles belonging to customers on your premises. You have care, custody, and control of your clients’ vehicles. So, you’re responsible for those cars, and you could be held responsible if something happened to them on your watch.

The insurance solution: Garagekeepers insurance.

Garagekeepers insurance can help you out if something happened to your clients’ cars while they’re being kept on your premises in your care, custody, and control. It covers losses like fire, vandalism, theft, and lightning. This is another crucial building block of your auto repair shop insurance plan."

93z

Veteran Member
Dec 12, 2018
If the guy is avoiding you, and with everything else you mentioned, I think I’d be snagging my car. Rather lose the $1500 than the car. Every time I open this thread I’m hoping to see you got the car painted and back home but it seems like this guy has zero desire to finish it for you. Good luck.

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
I haven been doing body work at home when I have the chance...Covid slowed me down for a couple of weeks. My wife has even been helping me with sanding..
Pics coming soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts