Bose 901 House Stereo Speakers

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Flynt, Oct 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Flynt

Flynt Veteran Member

No, I don't even know where to go to listen to new speakers. I am ignorant when it comes to stereo equipment.

2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

30+ years ago, I actually sold audio equipment. I've sold Bose 901's and they are excellent speakers - but setting them up properly is critical.

I still own 3 sets of Bose speakers that I earned from my Bose sales - Bose AM-5's, Bose AM-3's and Bose 101's that I use in my shop now. They don't take up any room and fill a 1200 sq ft shop with sound quite well...

The AM-5's and AM-3's originally were for my surround sound system in the family room of our home in Menomonie WI.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Bose 901s are always a classic!
    Just like the 151 outdoor speakers, the can run for years without any foam left on the surrounds if you are just a little nice to them.

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

That's a good point. There used to be a bunch of mom and pop and chains in this area where you could go and listen. All gone. Only one I can think of would be Best Buy anymore. Probably been 10 years since I bought any audio equipment, but they had a board set up back then. That's when and where I bought my Yamaha system. I was thinking of going wireless, so I may go looking again. I hate wires. lol

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

The Circuit City we had closed years ago. They Had a room set up that was fun. Best buy is the only place but they are not set up like that. Plus if you try out some equipment they really don't like it when you put it to the test like Fbird would. My brother does the same kind of test with JP and MC. If speakers can handle that abuse then they will last. Have to take some heat....

6. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

My brother in AZ sent a pair of 901s up to IL for me, he bought them new. I replaced the foam, hooked them up with the EQ to my surround setup and Polk speakers, kicks a$$. Reminded me of when we were younger.