Bought my old Z/28 back

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Mike N, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

When I traded a Camaro for the Blazer in that pic, I was actually in the process of doing another 79 Blazer from the frame up.... and I was going to paint that one orange. The Blazer I wound up with was a little further along than I was on the other one (Read: somewhat assembled and came with a bunch of parts I didn't already have) so I sold the other one and took the one you see. I wound up swapping my suspension and drivetrain from the would be orange one into the yellow one and finished building the truck.... in a one car garage. Since the frist one was going to be orange, I decided this one couldn't be. Seems everyone hates the color yellow, so that's why I chose it.

Now, this Blazer stuff all happened in the early 90's, and last I knew the would be orange one has changed hands a bunch of times and is still sitting in a garage.... in pieces.

2. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's the plan, Andy. I've got a friend that does paint & body work, he did a great job painting my Wife's Silverado and my kid's Fiero black, so he's going to look at the Z this weekend.

3. cbraswell

cbraswell Veteran Member

Yea it took me about two years to come across a deal on those 1 tons. They are hard to find around here so most are going with Rocks. Around here, a 60 alone sells for 1200-1500 stock and do know of ppl paying up to 800 just for a housing. I bought the lwb cucv with all the running gear for 1k. They beat on it pretty hard in the bogs so the body is in rough shape. If it wasn't for wanting to ride dirt roads and drive back and forth to mudholes I would have went Rocks as well lol, can find a complete set for the same price as a 60.

4. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Ah now that I know the backstory it makes more sense. Grats again on the luck. I remember seeing one of my old cars for sale after the kid redid it. Same crappy paint, same body i think he just put the motor in from another guy because mine was a 6 banger. Didn't want that car back, but it was neat to see it again.

Funny story a guy up the street had a 78 camaro I had a 80. My body was pristine but his was falling apart. He sold it because he didn't want to do body work to it. So when the kid came to pick that car up he told him about my pristine body and the kid came down and bought mine for the body.