Boycott Autozone!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by junkyardZ28find, Oct 25, 2014.

1. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

Rock Auto ships from many WD's (Warehouse Distributers). Places AutoZone should also have accounts with.

2. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I paid 7.99 for a can of spray paint at Auto zone ......I forgot to get couple items ......

So I stopped at a local Owned Hardware to pick up these items. ...happened to notice the exact can of paint was 4.89 . So I picked up another can .....note to self ..... Careful shopping those giant auto stores.

3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I don't shop at "big box stores" for auto parts.

I'd rather deal with a professional at a locally owned and operated parts store or go online. Most of the counter guys at Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance, NAPA, etc are kids or guys that couldn't make the grade at one of the independents.

I've looked at Rock Auto - but have never purchased anything from them. The prices look good until you add the shipping.

4. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Vendors on here drop ship from Classic, etc.

5. iraqivet

iraqivet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Autozone

^^^^^^^ Dude who owns the NAPA where I live is a wealth of information and always gives me a good discount, even if it's only 3' of heater hose. He knows 350 S.B. Chevy engines like a book. Has helped me with my engine build. Yea, sometimes some things are cheaper on line, but you can't get better service than in person. Plus he has done fabricating for me on certain things and only charges me for the parts! Hard to beat that type of service.

6. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey I got a drop ship from a sponsors business and he told me to screw off after I had a issue. I called the company that builds the part and they told me to contact my retailer so I did and was told not to bother him since he did not push that company's parts. He said I asked for that part so he sold it and the issues were up to me.

7. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

This the way I've done it for the last few years. I've saved hundreds of dollars this year alone buying through Advance Auto's website using their online coupons. I shop and compare 99% of my auto parts purchases online and Advance usually wins the bid. Purchase online, then go pick it up in about 30 minutes if it's something I need today.

I bought a Magnaflow muffler from Advance online last year for a bit LESS than what the exhaust shop pays through his supplier.

I've never had any trouble with Advance employees until recently. This girl hassled me over some 'lifetime warranty' brake pads I went to exchange. I simply drove to their other store and got them swapped without issue.

8. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yup..NAPA store near me is my best deal....for a quick in and out decent part and price.

9. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I get most of my parts from Oriellys and the mgr there will even price match parts from Summit . I stay far away from Vatozone as possible

10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I get part numbers on everything I need long before I hit the parts store. I tired to use Napa but every single time I'm there the dude behind the counter has to try and prove he knows more than I do. Just gimme the damn part I asked for and STFU.

I buy from O'Reilly's or Autozone if I need something right now and their price isn't too far out of line. I pay close attention to the quality of the part. If I can wait, it's junk or the chain stores are just silly on the price I buy from the distribution house downtown where they are kind enough to extend the same prices my employer pays.

To the OP, if you're waiting on Autozone to ship why don't you just order it from Rock Auto? You gotta wait for it either way right?