brake standoff 2.75", correct?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by LT1 WS6, Feb 20, 2015.

1. LT1 WS6

LT1 WS6 Veteran Member

One of the reasons I am building a new rear for my car is that the previous work done to the housing was shoddy and incorrect. Because of this, I can't properly measure my brake standoff in order to get new axles made. This is the measurement from the front/outside face of the housing end, where the backing plate mounts, to the front/outside face of the axle flange. Or, measurement B on Moser's website. I've been told this is 2.75 inches. Can anyone confirm this measurement?

I have 9 inch ends on my 10 bolt. Moser part number 7900FM in case anyone is curious to why this measurement matters.

Thank you

2. big gear head

big gear head Veteran Member

2.75 is correct. You don't have 9 inch Ford ends. You have the GM ends that take a 9 inch bearing with GM disc brakes. Tell Moser what brakes you are using and they will make the axles with the correct axle hang out, flange and hub diameter.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  3. LT1 WS6

LT1 WS6 Veteran Member

Thanks BGH. I called Moser to ask them what all they needed from me for measurements. Even after informing them of what I was doing, I was told I still needed to provide them with that measurement. I'm also just a little anxious as I don't want to screw this up and make a $500 mistake. So double and triple check if necessary is my attitude.

Thanks again