Broken front seatbelt buckle holder thingy ?

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Hello , my frt seat drivers belt buckle that attaches at floor beside the console has black hard plastic case thing that job is to hold this section up . I have no idea what you call it , but it holds the short belt buckle section up between the seat and console so you can easily fasten the belt . Mine has completely broken at floor and falls flops down where its difficult to reach . Is there a part number or fix for this ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Since my wierd 1974 seatbelt interlock system is still functioning , i was hestiate to do alot of messing with that belt and sleeve less i screw up something i d regret more. I gently removed the whole belt assembly , and saw the problem was not as bad as i first thought or mangled . The sleeve was all squished and deformed as it had moved off the bolt plate that holds the belt to the frame. It must have been like this a very very long tiime. I reformed the sleeve base best i could , then reassembled the plates in the right order. But to keep it all in place , so this would not happen again , i laced the bottom of the sleeve with two black tie straps around the plate . This pulled the sleeve back into postion over the plate , and allowed it all to be pulled down over the carpet with out flying apart as i tightened it all down. . Its all black materials and blends in with the carpet , pretty much hidden out of sight . I need to test the driver belt tommorrow and make sure my car will still start ....LOL. wife is asleep , bad idea as garage is under her bedroom .... LOL.....i could die a horrible death by starting the Camaro now. .

Last edited:

CamaroNmotion

Veteran Member
Jan 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Since my wierd 1974 seatbelt interlock system is still functioning , i was hestiate to do alot of messing with that belt and sleeve less i screw up something i d regret more. I gently removed the whole belt assembly , and saw the problem was not as bad as i first thought or mangled . The sleeve was all squished and deformed as it had moved off the bolt plate that holds the belt to the frame. It must have been like this a very very long tiime. I reformed the sleeve base best i could , then reassembled the plates in the right order. But to keep it all in place , so this would not happen again , i laced the bottom of the sleeve with two black tie straps around the plate . This pulled the sleeve back into postion over the plate , and allowed it all to be pulled down over the carpet with out flying apart as i tightened it all down. . Its all black materials and blends in with the carpet , pretty much hidden out of sight . I need to test the driver belt tommorrow and make sure my car will still start ....LOL. wife is asleep , bad idea as garage is under her bedroom .... LOL.....i could die a horrible death by starting the Camaro now. .
Solution sounds good, easy enough to do Fred. I'll keep my fingers crossed your car starts up, good idea holding up....you don't want dish's and pans flying about from your wife, hehe.

Latest posts