Building my first bracket car, Looking for some advice.

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by oneseatnprimer, Jan 5, 2002.

1. oneseatnprimer

oneseatnprimer Member

Tonight I pulled out the gas tank and it is a good thing that I did, there was a whole lot of rust on the top of the tank. Pretty much right above the big hole in the floor of the trunk.

I think that I am going to have to give in and sell my pride and joy. I have a 99 GMC SONOMA that I have sunk more money into than I would like to talk about but it won't pull the trailor with the car on it. No hitch and I just got a roll pan welded in. I can't believe how much I am willing to give up just so I can feel that rush when you look up and the little yellow light at the end of the track is flashing on your side.

The other bad thing is that I am going to have to spend racecar money on a trailor [​IMG]

Thanks for all your input. I have goten alot of good ideas from this site and your posts.

------------------
    Shinny paint ain't goining to make it go faster.

2. oneseatnprimer

oneseatnprimer Member

One other questian for you'all

What it the widest rim that you can fit on the back without having to get the rearend narrowed. I don't really care if I have to bang on the fenders a little bit, I just want big tires.

------------------
    77 Z28 350
    Shinny paint ain't goining to make it go faster.

3. Mike A

Mike A New Member

I'm gonna use 1 15"X10" with 5" backspacing with a 10.5" slick or drag radial. It may require some trimming but I believe it will be centered in the wheelwell with 5" backspacing.