BumpaD's ... 1978 Camaro Z28

Bumpad_Z28

Veteran Member
Apr 9, 2004
Logan, UT
Some sanding to make naked the '78 quarter panel !!! ... Would have been cool if they stamped some body lines into these skins

It's a long story as to why the '78 has to be a serpentine belt drive ... But it's 85% complete now for ~165$

Engine side mounts powder coated ... I need to start making big batches or actually measuring these custom colors or I feel some mismatch is in the future

My SEMA thrash begins LOL ! "LT-1" installed ! ... (chrome and carb are temporary)

Got the clutch, newly painted bell housing (was orange), T5 Transmission, and driveshaft installed ! Operating angles above (thanks TREMEC app!)

~DaVe

Bumpad_Z28

Veteran Member
Apr 9, 2004
Logan, UT
Ugh still slow going but converted a MSD 8361 to fully locked up, mechanical and vacuum advances removed, so the FI computer can control timing ...

Also got the Custom Works Performance shocks painted and mounted front and rear, also rear brake lines almost completed ...

~DaVe

hoppin5478

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 20, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Its looking really good and really starting to come together. Looks like yours was originally the same factory yellow that came on my 78.

Bumpad_Z28

Veteran Member
Apr 9, 2004
Logan, UT
Well ... Life has been in the way, and like many projects this has been on hold :( ...

but these showed up the other day :)

Attachments

• 78Fenders.jpg
    78Fenders.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts