Butternut the Gumball Camaro

AEGIS43

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Progress under the hood too. I ordered some hose divider clamps to clean up that eyesore. I really don't like that cross over above the right inner fender, but I don't know what to do make that look better.

Engine Oct 26 2022.jpg

AEGIS43

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
I've got to figure out what to do about that rectangle on the firewall where the original ac suitcase assembly was. This is what you get when you convert to Vintage Air. I don't know about trimming the rectangular flange off. If I was installing a cd ignition box I'd put it there and whatever to clean up the area. But it has an HEI so that's kind of pointless, I think. No pun intended.

69venture

Nov 11, 2015
Greenville SC
Progress under the hood too. I ordered some hose divider clamps to clean up that eyesore. I really don't like that cross over above the right inner fender, but I don't know what to do make that look better.

View attachment 149782
I just finished my car recently. We have very similar set-ups. I struggled with making this clean as well. I am fortunate to have access to a 3D printer and designed a 2 piece divider clamp and printed it. It has a flange that you cant see that bolts to the alternator bracket. All the design work is done. I can print you one if you want to try it. PM me if you are interested. I ran all the AC and heater hoses in the fender instead of across the inner fender but my battery is in the trunk so I had room.
hose bracket.jpg

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
69 venture, great looking engine bay!
do you have any pics that show the hose routing at the fender?

also - can you tell me where you got that semi hard hose that goes from the PCV to the front base of the throttle body?

also(sorry including for the thread hiJack) where did you get the valve covers, and do you know if full roller rockers will fit under? Those are the valve covers I want.

Last edited:

69venture

Nov 11, 2015
Greenville SC
69 venture, great looking engine bay!
do you have any pics that show the hose routing at the fender?

also - can you tell me where you got that semi hard hose that goes from the PCV to the front base of the throttle body?

also(sorry including for the thread hiJack) where did you get the valve covers, and do you know if full roller rockers will fit under? Those are the valve covers I want.
Thank You
I can take photo for ya. I dont have a good one in my file.
That PCV line is just some hand bent 3/8 aluminum tubing painted black and some Dorman (46024) rubber pieces

Valve covers are ProForm 141-116 and yes they will accomadate full roller rockers. I am running Scorpion (Summit) rockers

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
Thank You
I can take photo for ya. I dont have a good one in my file.
That PCV line is just some hand bent 3/8 aluminum tubing painted black and some Dorman (46024) rubber pieces

Valve covers are ProForm 141-116 and yes they will accomadate full roller rockers. I am running Scorpion (Summit) rockers
Great info. Thanks !

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida

View attachment 149782
Alot of the aftermarket ac mfr's swap the alternator and compressor positions to solve this problem. Has to do with the mounting brackets. Are you too far along to explore that option?

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I've wondered about that too. And some well shaped tucked in metal lines instead of the heater hoses that run across the compartment. Really clean up the engine compartment and show off the motor. GM did a really good job of that on the mid 80s TPI Corvettes. Tilt the front end and see that good looking tuned port small block.

Latest posts