Buyer Beware of Modern Classic Interiors (MCI) from Indiana

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by GreenMachineRS, Jan 23, 2019.

1. GreenMachineRS

GreenMachineRS Member

Ordered two door panels and a console from MCI for my 1972 Camaro back in October 2018, they notified me parts were ready to ship in November 2018, needed payment for invoice and shipping and that parts would ship.

Promptly sent them my check for over $1600 and then they went silent, and still are to this day. They had no problem cashing my check, but now won't respond to my emails, phone calls,etc. Sadly, and I should have known better, but I purchased a dash from them over a year ago, and although it finally arrived about 2 months after no calls, emails, etc. had to go through this same hassle. What a horrible customer service experience. How flippin hard is it to call or email a response to a paying, repeat customer to let them know status? I run a small business here in Florida, and if I treated my customers this way I'd be out of business. Maybe MCI is out of business, but I can tell you that when you want to place an order, they are very quick to respond, but after that, good luck to you brother......

I'm considering this fraud at the moment and considering legal action to recoup my money.

Mike in Florida

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about the crap you're going though.
    Thanks for the heads up and hope you nail them to the wall.

3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Crap like that is why I'll only do business with Summit for 99.9999999% of what I buy online for car parts.

In the ~25 years I've been buying stuff from them, I've never once had a bad experience.

4. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

5. BillyDean7173

Thanks for the info. I just added them to my eBay scammers list.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I guess I'm eBay dumb...where is the scammers list in eBay? I only see "Save this Seller". I'd love a way to add sellers to exclude from my searches. Some of my saved searches for parts are getting overloaded with floor mats and glove box liners and package tray covers from the same seller.

7. SS Performance

SS Performance Veteran Member

If you want to get serious you have several routes to follow.

If you mailed them the check that is mail fraud. Talk to your local post office for information on this.

With the cancelled check you can contact either your local prosecutor's office or the office the scammer is located in. You can file theft by deception charges.

I know many people don't like to do this. I have been burned before and I don't hesitate to drop the hammer. It's the only way to get the scammers to stop.

8. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

I have seen cases where folks have complained on the forums about MCI, or file some sort of claim and the parts just show up all of a sudden too

gotta stay after them

9. BillyDean7173

No Dave, you're not eBay dumb. Ebay doesn't have a scammers list. It's just a list I maintain in the Memo app of my phone to make sure I don't do any business with identified ass clowns.

I certainly know what you mean about the Saved searches. It's getting way out of hand. I'm getting flooded with a bunch of unrelated parts. Maybe I'll see a few matches in the beginning and then "Oh, no more matches but here's a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with what you're really looking for BUT you better look because your part just might be in there and you'll never know unless you look at EVERYTHING and you don't want to miss out, right? RIGHT?!"

10. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

That’s exactly right. Nail on the head. I fritter away an hour a day going through my saved searches due to this crap. It used to be 10 minutes.