Buyer beware

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
I'm off to look at a 68 tonight, I think the guy has represented well. Has a full Ridetech suspension front and back including a four link. Never owned a first gen.
If it's solid, I may have a new project.

2ndGenJunkie

Veteran Member
May 7, 2013
Charleston, SC
It was the rear, both sides.
Found out he's a small time classic car dealer. He knew it was there and played dumb.
Judging from his facebook profile he kind of looks like a douche bag so I'm not too surprised. At least you only lost an hr both ways. I've have people lie to me and cost me over 12 hrs round trip. Plus the cost of a rental.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Went to look at this car today, spent a good amount of time in the phone with the guy before going.
Get there, no cowl tag, frame rails are rusted and a lot of other things wrong with the car. For the price, it should be a solid car.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/951620058347476/

I messaged him asking if there was any rust issues with the panels or underneath the car and he said “not to his knowledge”. Go figure!

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
So this is actually getting to be funny, the 68 I looked at, again conversation about body damage, rust repair etc.
From the back glass forward the car was great, from there back, a train wreck. Nothing lined up and the outer roll pan was screwed to the inner with wheel opening screws. They bought it from one of those classic car dealers. This is the car.
IMG_20200806_183752.jpg

I'm off to look at a 68 tonight, I think the guy has represented well. Has a full Ridetech suspension front and back including a four link. Never owned a first gen.
If it's solid, I may have a new project.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
That's a shame. That car looks really good to have a butchered up back in repair.

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
It's amazing the kind of work you see, asked a guy for detailed pics of his original sheet metal 69. Seriously had duct tape over a hole on the pass door jamb. Guess he didn't lie about the sheet metal. It's just not all there;)

ls777z

Veteran Member
Feb 19, 2000
Clay,NY
These types are the ones who are hoping the buyer doesn't look that close or is completely clueless about what they are looking at. There was a 1980 Camaro Super Sport near me for sale. After all it had "Super Sport" in the door handle inserts.

Z28Camaro1979

Veteran Member
Aug 21, 2005
The Dalles,Oregon,Wasco
Sounds to good to be true...it is...like hey look here, a barn find Camaro LT RS SS Z28...been sitting since 71 when my son was killed in the war...only an idiot would believe in those types of postings...