C4 corvette worth

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Ghostof76, Oct 21, 2016.

1. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I'd pass

Add a few thousand more and you can get something newer and with more power I bet

2. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

ah yes I'm a moron lol

to me the L98 makes it MORE valuable (very easy to work on) but still no deal unless OP you plan on "collecting" the car

3. Ghostof76

Ghostof76 Veteran Member

Devonshire N.Wilmington,De. Hot Rods to Hell (East
    No collection done here. Just one more corvette to enjoy as my retirement approaches.

4. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

C4s chassis had a problem, in that most of the design work was done expecting all C4s to be hard tops, or maybe T-tops, but a year or so before production marketing proclaimed they all had to be targa tops. Which lowered the characteristic frequency of the chassis below the desirable 40 Hz point. So they flex more than they should.

The Corvette team was determined to not get caught off guard like that again, and designed the C5 chassis as if they would all be convertibles.

At least that's what Chief Engineer Dave McLellan wrote in "Corvette From The Inside".

5. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG] There's an underbrace the factory put on the Convertible cars which fits Targa's and fixes a lot of that

6. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you like those body styles , nothing designs, it's your gig, then maybe it's deal, sounds like it's ready to enjoy as is. I just never cared for any vette looks after C3

7. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

8. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

I would have to agree that its a little high. If it was completely stock, that's what brings the $$$, then its not too far off. But the chrome, glass etching and pinstriping are going to knock the price down in the long run.

9. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You know, as I was writing that, I was thinking it seems like someone would have come up with a way to stiffen the chassis by now, although I was thinking aftermarket.

One thing I always thought was cool about the C4s, was the way most of the front tilted up, for working on them.

10. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

anyone on here ever owned a later c4? thinking of maybe getting one in the spring and don't a whole ton about these cars and would like a few pointers on what to look out for and what to stay away from-any info is greatly appreciated thanks