C8 vs Miata

TTR230

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 2020
Burlington, Ontario
Been down that road on motorcycles many times. It's a magnet for a lot of Ricky racers that have no idea what they're doing. I haven't been there in years, too many near misses with space cadets.

Lowend

Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca.
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 25, 1999
San Jose, CA, USA
Sam Strano lives, not far from there, and drives it. Sounds like there's someone off the road pretty much daily.

A good friend of my lives at the base of the equivalent road to the Dragon for the SF Bay Area (Hwy 9 -to-Skyline 35). It's the very end of the run right where you enter a town, and there's an off-camber decreasing radius turn in the road. People stuff their cars there so often my friend put first aid supplies by her gate to make it easier for her to go help. She knows from the sound (while standing in her kitchen) how bad the wreck is.

As a side note, the unofficial spot for this drive is a place called Alice's Restaurant up in the hills. Their parking lot is one of the greatest car shows, every time I go there.

This was just a random day I had lunch there
26907681_10156051172643205_7682171535427034465_n.jpg

Probably $5-million in cars just in that shot

Last edited:

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Seems a few of those C8's are getting wrecked these days. I should look at my video to find the C8 bone stock that ran low 11's a few weeks ago.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Paint and rubber transfer on the vette, direction of travel and road layout right there all point to the Miata over driving the corner and glancing off the vette. Sucks for the vette.
Been on that road with my old Harley which is quite quick for an old Harley, and has plenty of frame, footboard/support metal ground off from riding it like a sport bike. It doesnt have much to challenge a sport bike at the top end of things, but I can get up that road faster than a sport bike ridden by the typical young organ donor. Lots of plastic sport bike shrapnel littering the corner ditches and nailed to trees along the way.

Latest posts