Cadence Audio is a phenomenal brand!!!

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by AJ_72, Apr 21, 2012.

1. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

I don't know if many of you have heard of, or had experience with Cadence Audio, but every time I come across something of theirs, I'm thoroughly impressed every time.

Today, I helped my 20 yr old put 6x9's in his car (2002 Cavalier). He found some on Amazon for ~$32 shipped, made by Cadence.

Just a little quick history...
    I've had prior experience with Cadence on two other occasions. The first time was back around 2001-2002 I bought two home audio mini speakers and a sub on ubid.com. They're nothing fantastic, just a 4" woofer with a 1" tweeter, and the sub is an 8" down-fire design, ported on one side with a 50 watt amp on the other. When I got it hooked up to my Kenwood receiver I was very happy with the way everything sounded. A few months later I bought a center channel to match. Nice little 3.1 system for a good starter system. Well, I still have them.

Even today, whenever anyone new hears the system (although I have a Yamaha receiver now), they're always taken back by how good it sounds from a company they've never heard of. From what I can remember, I bet I don't have $300 invested in them.

Then, a few months ago, I ran across this deal. It's a 12" Cadence 4 ohm car audio sub, good for 1,000 watts RMS, in an enclosure, shipped for ~$200. It sounded great!! Good extension, very accurate and it handled the 800 watts I was giving it like it could easily take a lot more (after a bit of break-in time, of course).

http://www.audiosavings.com/product...osure-Loaded-With-ZRS12-1000-4-Sub/ZB121.aspx

[​IMG]

Anyway, after we got the 6x9's hooked up in his car, we moved the fader to the rear and turned off the subs, just to hear the new speakers. With an Audiopipe 60 watts RMS x 4 channel amp, they sounded pretty good. He had the HP filter set @ ~60Hz on the pair he already had in the car, and I already noticed a huge increase in mid-bass compared to the others he had.

Out of curiosity, I had him play Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO, and I switched off the HP filter and had them running full range. He turned it up, and while he and I were leaning our heads into the car through the door windows, his friend was still standing at the back of the car and had a "Big Gulp" size foam cup, about 1/2 full, sitting on the trunk. Would you believe, those 6x9's caused that trunk lid to vibrate enough to cause his drink to fall over and roll off the trunk lid!!! :eek:

We were shocked!! I couldn't believe the excursion they have! Plus, they sound worlds better than what he had (Sony, IIRR). Nice and clear, clean sound. AAMOF, he changed the song to I'm Sexy and I Know It, and when it first started playing I heard a nasty sound and I thought he was straining the 6x9's, so I quickly reached in the car to turn it down. When I got my head through the window into the car, I noticed the nasty sound was gone. I brought my head back up and it was making his fuel door vibrate!! I thought his speakers were distorting. LOL

He's thinking of getting the 6-1/2" components and replacing his door speakers with them (currently Sony coaxials) to compliment the bass from the subs, and bring some of the bass up front.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have him shoot a quick video with his phone and post it on YouTube. These may be something that a lot of you may be interested in if you want good bass to compliment your sounds, but don't want to add a sub.

[​IMG]

2. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Member

I have used cadence stuff for a while now and love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

always good to hear actual users input. Am a bit biased toward pioneer personally but good sound is good sound.

Rock on!

4. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

another awesome sounding speaker is FOCAL, never heard of this brand. went to local hi fi car store and listened to all the usual brand name stuff, then the sales rep had me listen to these, wow was all I could say! they are hands down the clearest tightest and most accurate sounding car speakers. they went into my wifes DD and with a OE radio and amp added its worked fine since. she has a bad habit of blowing car speakers and these have held up so far. FOCAL makes higher end stuff but if savvy you can get a pair installed for under $300.00, look these up.

5. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Great review, but the price scares me....pretty inexpensive ;)

6. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well, I can say this..overhead is low.Cadence is, like a lot of brands, not a manufacturer or even a designer. They are 3 rooms in the back of an industrial building on Rt9 in Freehold NJ. I know the owners. If you have some cash....you can go to China and buy anything you need right out of a catalog. they will box, brand and detail to spec. The office is a mountain of strapped boxes "Made in China" and odds and ends, broken parts, returns etc...all over the place. They did build a pretty bad-ass show car for CES a few yrs back. It works,and they price it right.

7. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good review AJ.

IF someone was on a budget, then maybe these wouldn't be a bad choice
    to try out VS the average Sony junk at Walmarx in the same price point.
    Let us know how they fare in a year after some abuse.

Good info Glenn. I had my suspicions before I read your post.

8. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

LOL

I don't mean to break your balls, but it's just typical of you to wait until after someone with experience makes a comment, then you come in acting like you know what you're talking about.

It's pretty entertaining.

9. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Stop being a douchebag.

10. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

"Let us know how they fare in a year after some abuse" isn't being a douchebag?
    :rolleyes:

This is a 20 yr old who's going to school full time and working nearly full time 30-36 hrs a week. You know how that is. We've all been there. We buy what we can afford and try to get the most we can with what little money we have.

It just seems like it's what you do nearly every time I post either something on here that's on sale, that people may want to consider, or a review of my recent, direct experience with something.

You base your opinions on something you either read about or something you owned 5-10 yrs ago.

I can run a list of numerous brands I've had bad experiences with, such as Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, RF, JVC, Craig, Audiovox, Jensen, blah blah blah, but it doesn't mean crap because it's just something that happens. I don't get a "that brand is crap" attitude because of "that one time, that POS stopped working while I ..."

Every company has it's "Let's try to see if we can save a few pennies on this stuff", and it ends up flopping. Some companies are a little more discrete about it, like Rockford Fosgate. They developed Lightning Audio, which flopped, and now they've got another brand called "Renegade" which is a lower price point product I have no direct experience with it, so I can't say how well it performs.

Anyway, they hide behind other names, trying to make a quick easy buck, and if it flops, they close the company and call it a loss, but their parent company's rep (Fosgate's) is still OK. AAMOF, Fosgate even does it with their self-named products, but they make it very clear what stuff is entry level and what stuff is better quality.

Other companies, such as Sony, think it's better to put their name on everything, regardless if it's the more expensive, better quality stuff, or entry level garbage, and they don't differentiate between the two. Not very well, anyway. Now, they're on the fence. They're trying to re-establish their name, but in doing so, their going to have to have unprofitable sales the next few years, jack their prices up to cover the expenses, or drop that market entirely.

From what I understand, they're leaning toward dropping out of the car audio market entirely, but that has yet to be announced.

Regardless, I have direct experience with Cadence Audio, and broadcast my opinion of the product so other's may benefit from it. I never claimed it was the be-all or end-all of car audio, just that it's a brand not a lot of people have heard of and they may want to consider.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012