Cal-Trac Bars

Psychohamster

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2001
Redwood City, CA. USA
I have a complete set of them still in boxes, I haven't tried them though, they were kinda pricey, close to $400 If I remember right, but they are trick, adjustable,tuck up under the car nice, and don't tearup your leaf springs like slappers do. I have a broken leaf on my car now from slapper bars. I am going to put them on when I go through the whole car. I have been accumulating parts for almost 5 years now. I learned the hard way on restoration/rebuilds, buy everything you need before you tear it apart or your project will stall and become a pile of scattered dreams.

RAT454

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2000
Ks
I think you can get a set of caltracks for around $319 off their website. A little cheaper than CC's Slide a link(?). I'd be interested in a group discount or something to that effect.

PONYEATER

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 1999
Arlington, WA
well it looks like we have enough interest I will contact them tomorrow and should have some info by Monday.

As for the slide-a-link, I have a seen many cars work well with them but I have also heard of a few of them breaking.

81ZMouse

Veteran Member
Jan 12, 2000
Chickasha, OK, USA
Well, as my luck would have it, I'm a day late and a dollar short. I ordered my bars and springs from them yesterday!!!! Noone responded to this thread, so I just went ahead and ordered them. Thanks anyway, guys.

FYI, the springs are a "split" monoleaf design, and they cost $258.00. According to Travis at Calvert, I bought the last ones in the warehouse. It will be 4 weeks before they get more in. As for the bars, they have tons of them in stock, and I bought mine with the '67 Camaro shock plates. It mounts both shocks inboard, giving more tire clearance. Good luck.

Shane

Psychohamster

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2001
Redwood City, CA. USA
It might have been Travis I also talked to a few years back when I ordered my set. I got the staggered shock plates for my 71 Z28 and they also came with sold aluminum leaf bushings for the front. I didn't get any springs from them though, maybe they hadn't made them yet.

Latest posts