Can anyone give me a little photoshop help on truck wheels

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Looking at putting a set of late model z71 take offs on my 98 k1500. The wheels are 18" vs the stock 16" but the tires have the same dia. so hopefully that will make it a little easier. If you need a better picture just let me know.

Here is the truck
20181114_101732.jpg

Here are the wheels and tires I am looking at.

00y0y_2OTIiBMwcnD_1200x900.jpg

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
There are some around here with those wheels on late 90's trucks like yours and they look good, I say go for it.

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I put those exact wheels/tires on my 06 Suburban. Single best thing I've done to it. I've seen them on other older trucks around town, and every time they make the truck look 10,000 times better. Hands down. If you keep an eye out you can get them cheap too. I found a set of brand new 2018 take-offs for $800 with tires included. Just tires were about the same price for the old wheels. No brainer!

Do it. You won't be dissapointed!

new_wheels.jpg

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL

Nailed it! Thanks!

The second one is good enough for what I needed to see. I think they will look a lot better than factory wheels that are on it.

Da_Raabi,

There is a set of these for sale somewhat locally to me that were take-offs back in 14 when a guy lifted the truck after having it 4 months. He is asking $650 I think I could get him to go lower.

Last edited:

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
I've seen factory truck wheels go for 500 for set of 4. friend bought a set, not same ones but he got a good deal. usually they just want them gone vs holding onto them.

dirtmod08

Veteran Member
Jan 17, 2007
Central Illinois
Dad was complaining about the finish on his 2000 Silverado wheels, and his tires were shot. Bought a set of brand new takeoffs for $1k, it was the best thing he could have done for the look of the truck - and it looks better than any aftermarket wheel he would have picked out, lol.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Thanks Roeville!

Yeah I here ya Dirt, I have a hookup for new GMC wheel takeoffs that my dad and one buddy have done twice for brand new wheels, tires, sensors, and lugnuts for $1200 but I think 20" wheels would just look to big on this old truck especially with my geriatric package running boards. LOL But I think I like the looks of these 18" chevy wheels on it even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory wheels on the old girl.

Latest posts