Can someone please give me some feedback?

Discussion in '1977 Z28' started by mikeholtz28, Nov 14, 2015.

1. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like you got a fair deal on this car. Have you probed around underneath on rockers, frame rails, etc for rust?

Welcome to NastyZ :)

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like it's had at least one repaint already.
    And someone did a pretty good job of panel alignment!

Take a magnet to it to see if there are trouble areas (filler instead of steel)before you get into paint.

I think you did fine on the price if it's as solid as it looks.

3. seventy7camaro

seventy7camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just adding to what he said... all of the dash bezels were the same. The only difference is if you had a manual shift, then the area for the PRNDL would have a piece of black tape applied to the guage panel.

Looks like a nice car. Price sounds reasonable. Good luck with it!

4. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome. It looks like a pretty nice 77. Why do you want to repaint it? It looks good in the pictures. I'm unsure of production numbers on 77 Z/28's so I cant really say how much value will drop on value from driving it. But I'd drive it and enjoy it.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Well, first welcome. I would check to see if it's a true Z28. Being a Norwood car, does it say "Z28" on the trim tag? Does it have a front and rear sway bar?

The car has been painted before since the decals are missing. Being that the Z28 was a model car in 77, I don't see a stripe delete option.

The sad fact is the 74-77 cars are the least desireable years, but the first year of the return of the Z28. I wouldnt say you got a deal or got taken, thsts about right for a clean car.

As for the value, I don't see it as a low mileage survivor (with the facts we have and can see). I wouldn't worry about painting it or really doing anything to lower the value. Even a 10 point restored 77 z28 isn't worth too much, but still a cool car. The graphics on the 77-78Z28 is awesome

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  6. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

I think you got a steal if it's a true Z28. I'd drive the heck out of it and enjoy it. Isn't much fun to have if you don't. I wouldn't worry about the miles going over 100,000 miles. The odometer doesn't read that high anyway and only goes to 99,999.9 miles before it rolls back over to 0. I don't get all worked up when an odometer of an older car reads low miles - for all I know it's flipped over 3 times prior... so again drive the heck out of it and enjoy it. Very nice car!

7. severum17

severum17 New Member

A wise man one told me "cheap is not good, and good is not cheap"
    Wise words.