Can someone steer me toward one of these brake kits?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Lgarretto, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Side note: Keith from Customworks did some testing on different brake setups a few years ago. It's short, but worth looking for a data point

http://customworksperformance.net/brakes.html

He also has some pretty slick kits

Gasoholic likes this.
  2. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Veteran Member

Well I'm not suggesting its something everyone should do. I plan to drag race. Skinnies in frt and fatties in back.
    The main issue for me is, the 4 piston caliper frt conversion kits require mods to my spindles that I kind of dont like the looks of.
    The rr conversion is less complicated. So I figured I might as well go that way.
    Also,
    I have been looking at cars at the track and I've seen some guys using floating calipers in the frt and 4 piston "lug type"? calipers on the rrs. So thats also where I got the idea.

IDK maybe I'm way off base. I haven't flipped the switch yet. Kind of why I joined the thread. Sorry if I'm sort of hyjacking it. Not my intention.

3. Lgarretto

Lgarretto New Member

Nope your good. I have the info I wanted really. And like I said, I can be wrong. More easily than others to be truthful. If it works for your needs then it's probably the best option. Maybe someone will have better info for your drag setup. Thanks again all. And good luck

Gasoholic likes this.
  4. camarotexas

camarotexas New Member

Did the right stuff rear disc kit change the way your wheels fit in the fenders? Asking because my current offset/ backspace is real tight and I am looking at that kit.

5. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

I have C-clip eliminators too, but it does change the backspacing a hair. On my setup the brackets had to be machines slightly because the flanges werent 100% true(which im told is common)

6. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

for what its worth, I just did the cpp c5 front setup and so far have no complaints with it. I probably have just under 100 miles on it though, so no long term results. It installed well, brakes feel good and for the price, I couldn't beat it.