Canadian 81 350 4speed

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by Jarid, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Jarid

Jarid New Member

I was wondering if anyone can point me in The right direction as of production numbers. It’s a Canadian 81 Z28. 350. 4 speed. T top. Ac. Power window power lock power truck Ect. Full load car. White. Blue int. So if anyone can help me with what the numbers were for the Canadian only 350 4 speeds would be great. Even better if there was a break down with colour/ option ect. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

3. HB_81Z28_80870

HB_81Z28_80870 New Member

Hi Jared
    I am also a 1981 Z28 owner, Canadian 350 4 speed ,T-tops ,but no A.C. My car is painted Bright Blue Metallic, 2nd paint job with blue standard interior.
    Basically your VIN on the dash & cowl tag tells you quite a bit about your car. If you go to "Chevy Numbers Decoding" on this site you can find out a lot like I did when I bought my car 3 years ago.
    You need to do some investigative work on this site, but it's not too difficult, once you get the numbers from the car they start to fall in place.
    The VIN tells you country, manufacturing plant, year, motor code, city, build date etc....
    The Cowl Tag tells you year,month,week, car type, plant made, sequence number, interior spec's, t-tops etc.....
    My car was built in Van Nuys CA, Canadian Export, numbers match car.
    I hope this helps.
    For the past 3 years I too have done some work to my car, some small detail work & some major drive train work.
    Hope you have fun building & enjoying the car.

Attached Files:

4. Jarid

Jarid New Member

Thanks. I have read someplace the Canadian numbers but can’t find where. Cool tag and vin info I’ve done. Just can’t seem to find much about the 81 350 gear cars

5. HB_81Z28_80870

HB_81Z28_80870 New Member

Jarid I read your post again, my apologies, I understand what your looking for now. That would be a very interesting fact to know. If you do find something please let me know.
    Canadian Z28 Owner Harry.
    P.S. I live in the Niagara region, are you anywhere close or out of Province?

6. Canadian Barton

Canadian Barton Veteran Member

Hey guys, I also have an 81 Z, 350, 4 speed, T-Tops, AC, PW, PDL, no power trunk. Was originally Silver with Black interior. I bought it black and now painting it Blue...

Definitely try vintage but I thought I read somewhere he wasn't doing it anymore...I could be way off on that. They were able to break it down pretty well on my 78 and I wish I could find that copy to show you. I'll try to dig it up with all this extra time on my hands.

7. carnut4life

carnut4life Member

According to the Vintage report I have on my 1981 Z28 they shipped 3025 Z28's to Canada with 350 4 speed. As far as I know there's no breakdown by color or options.

HB_81Z28_80870 likes this.
  8. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Vintage Services still does it, I personally know George, but no one is allowed in the Office due to COVID-19.

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Maybe the British Columbia and Vancouver Camaro Club can help you.