Car cover suggestions

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Allison Winn, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Allison Winn

Allison Winn Member

Need a nice indoor cover for my 70 - ALL the ads look and sound great of course. I don't want to buy something and regret it when it arrives. All I want in nice thin soft flannel or cotton in a tan color. Anybody have a brand they love that fits this description? I do not need rain, UV or bird poop protection

2. Camaromurph

Camaromurph Veteran Member

I have had a California Car Cover Plushweave for my 68 for 15-20 years. I love that cover. Super soft on the inside, a nice “loose” form fit. Some covers are soft but the form fit is super tight.

3. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

I am going to be listing in the swap forum a form fit cover from my now sold 71Z28. I believe it is indoor/outdoor, used it 3 or 4 times indoor only. I'll have to look at what brand it is.

4. Allison Winn

Allison Winn Member

Ok I would be very interested

5. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

The cover I have is called "Wolf". But it's blue, not tan. Used it for the nearly 37 years I've had my 74 Z28. It has loop holes so I'd imagine it can be used outside and tied on, but it never has been.

Great for keeping dust off and some protection if the car does get bumped into in the garage once in a while.

6. Bamaro

Bamaro Veteran Member

7. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

I just buy a pack of 3 clear plastic covers so I can still see my "mistress" as the wife calls her.

8. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

Covercraft tan flannel! They are supersoft but also heavy enough to cushion paint. Nore expensive than wolf or others but way better made.

9. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I went with this one from OER. It's manufactured by SoftShield, tan, and cotton flannel.
    https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1973/chevrolet/camaro/parts/mt1600ftn.html
    Ordered it in 2016 from Classic Industries and used one of their coupon codes. Super soft on the inside, fits snug in right areas but overall loose for breathability. I'm really happy with it.
    I bought a used Wolf cover from a member here for the 71. It's nice. The material is a bit funky, but it will work for now. Once the car is restored, I'll buy another SoftShield cover.

10. x77-69z28

x77-69z28 Veteran Member

X2 on California car cover. I have used them exclusively for 25 years, and they are great!