Car Insurance Time

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Sep 14, 2019.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Not for a Camaro. I'm going to be purchasing a 2017 Honda Accord EX-L shortly. I started to check out the 6 month cost for insurance and it shocked me a bit. What are some of you paying for insurance? Car and year.

2. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am 29 with no tickets or accidents at fault. No claims no anything.

$120 month for following two cars

100mo full coverage 17 mustang ecoboost
    20mo liability. Under insured and non insured for 13 Scion tC doubling up on coverage amounts

Motorcycle insurance is awesome lol.

75 year combined - 05 sportster + 18 gsxs1000 Suzuki = both liability under insured and non insured doubling up on coverage amounts

once mustangs paid off I’m also reducing to Scion coverage

bfmgoalie likes this.
  3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Comparing coverage in other states is irrelevant. And if you are comparing you have to compare coverages and limits too

4. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep.

Brian- are you using your FL address or your upcoming NY place to get a quote? Beyond that, driving record/infractions? What limits? etc...

I'm at $240/mo for 4 cars, with one teen driver. 3 full coverage, 1 with Liability. Will probably go over $300/mo easy after my son gets his license (just permit right now). It was $80/mo for full coverage with two Acuras before my daughter started driving.

5. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Don't forget your credit rating comes into play....

6. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Well aware of that. I'm just looking for a "ballpark" figure.

When we moved to Florida from NY in 2013, I had GEICO. The vehicles were a 2007 Accord and 2010 Accord. Full coverage. Its was around $1200 (annual) in NY. When I started to hunt around here, AllState was $1100 (annual). I took it. Within two years, AllState went up 40%. Shopped around and went back to GEICO. Down to $1200.

Presently, my Accord (2010), liability only is $390 every 6 months. My 2001 FXDWG (liability) is $110 annually.

Basically, it'll cost me $200/month including the bike. My first insurance? In 1974, '69 Camaro, liability only - $527 annually. Take home paycheck was $61.09. A little over two months of work to pay for that.

7. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Does it really? Never knew that was a factor. Oh, also I didn't state my insurance, ohio-USAA.
    Geico is actually cheaper by roughly 10%, but I get discounts and its more convenient to pay all in same ecosystem as mortgage, mortgage insurance etc.

Look to see about pairing discounts with other products, reduces it a bit. The motorcycle division/progressive sublet through usaa told me I am at the absolute lowest 75 for 2 motorcycles, and they actually lose money on my 2nd bike.

8. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

New York coverage. I'll be the only driver. No infractions....well, there was this one speeding ticket I didn't include. The 2010 I'll keep at liability only. The 2017 will be full coverage.

9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

10. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Maybe. Some insurance companies use credit ratings and some don't. Ask any perspective company if they do, and dump them before you even consider doing business with them.
    My insurance company does not use credit scores at all. They have their own rating system based on your history of claims.