Car Jackings out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cali cruzer

Veteran Member
Mar 24, 2002
Henderson/Las Vegas, NV
No judgment here in any way. I like guns too, they are a cool mechanical device and I worked with them for my whole career.
Cars, knives, hammers etc all have other useful primary purposes in society. Assault rifles have one narrow deadly purpose, and if someone who wants to kill as many people as possible in a short time has easy access to legally buy one, lots of people will die very quickly.

Assault rifles, high capacity mags and hand guns dont need to be eliminated, just restricted for purchase to the most responsible, properly vetted people.

Yes, crazy people will then go to the next easiest available long gun to kill people, but I can tell you the success of the tactical approach to taking out an active shooter who is using a bolt action rifle or a shotgun is much better than the shooter who has 2 shoulder slung assault rifles with a bag full of high capacity mags and a couple loaded .40 call hand guns for backup. And he cant do the same amount of damage with a normal long gun.

Define an "assault weapon"?

Nothing.png

People give these wacko shooters too much credit. These crazies are not tactically trained operators with combat or CQC training.
Responses should be swift and deadly. Don't wait. Most of these shooters won't know what to do when attacked by armed persons/professionals.

danbrennan

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 1999
Brighton, MI
I think it's actually about establishing a precedent for banning entire classes of guns at will, based on an arbitrary and evolving classification. Remember in the '70s, when all the talk was about banning "Saturday Night Specials"? What the heck was a "Saturday Night Special" gun? If they can successfully(survive a SCOTUS challenge) get just a few semi autos banned under the banner of "assault guns", then the ongoing game will become gradually classifying more and more guns as "assault".

Someone uses a Ruger Mini-14 in a widely reported shooting, and it too will become an "assault rifle".

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Define an "assault weapon"?

View attachment 141988

People give these wacko shooters too much credit. These crazies are not tactically trained operators with combat or CQC training.
Responses should be swift and deadly. Don't wait. Most of these shooters won't know what to do when attacked by armed persons/professionals.
You are exactly right, and the attachment is excellent. My point is, of those two weapons, which one will the uneducated whacko buy? And I think proper legislation would define weapons needing proper vetting to purchase by their capability, not just a look or loose categorization as "assault rifle".

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
I think it's actually about establishing a precedent for banning entire classes of guns at will, based on an arbitrary and evolving classification. Remember in the '70s, when all the talk was about banning "Saturday Night Specials"? What the heck was a "Saturday Night Special" gun? If they can successfully(survive a SCOTUS challenge) get just a few semi autos banned under the banner of "assault guns", then the ongoing game will become gradually classifying more and more guns as "assault".

Someone uses a Ruger Mini-14 in a widely reported shooting, and it too will become an "assault rifle".

This is exactly correct (and part of the overall plan IMO). The slippery slope in a nutshell...

If they ban the sale of these "assault weapons", they know full well that there are hundreds of thousands of these things already out there.

The next mass shooting will predictably occur with an existing one or some other weapon. At which point, the outcry will be "see we haven't done enough!!". The precedent will have been set, and then they move another step closer to abolishing the 2nd amendment.

Interestingly, there's pretty much a slow motion mass shooting every weekend in Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, DC, etc... where dozens of people are shot and killed. Yet all these people wailing about guns seem to yawn for <ahem> some reason...

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
there are too many people out there that should not own guns.simple.your not allowed to carry a gun where i live and life is fine.when someone pisses you off a good old fashoned punch in the mouth works fine.its simple if you make guns easy to get,the wrong people will use them in wrong ways.i really dont no what the answer is,but something needs to be done.and fast.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
^^^^ be it a gun, machete, poison or a bomb....f*cked up people are still going to do this kind of ****. A gun simply allows one to exact their anger faster, easier and further than many of the other choices. Until we can fix some of these PEOPLE.....nothing will be fixed. If we had started FIXING some of the violent criminals 30 yrs ago and maybe REALLY hammering the "hood rats" (those that glorify the gangster crap) we might not be on the 2nd generation of screwed up folks. I do hope I will see a day when folks can honestly disagree yet debate and have an intellectual conversation about how everybody CAN actually be a contributing member in our society.

RMTZ28

Veteran Member
Mar 29, 2015
Abq. nm
Just hope they do not break in to your vehicle and steal your gun. Like my co-worker had happen to him. Only was away from the vehicle for a few minutes.

In before the lock......
As soon as I get out it goes into my holster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts