Car shows?

camarochevy1970

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
wow the old age is showing itself in this thread. People should be happy that folks are interested enough in cars to care to take the newer cars to shows and cruises. That's the only thing that is going to keep this hobby alive. And for a lot of folks, they only have the newer car, it's what they can afford, so they buy a modern muscle car, and want to be a part of something.

And for this who think you can't tinker or modify the new stuff, your greatly mistaken there. It really isn't any harder to work on then the old stuff

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I agree with different classes. We have a lot of work and time in my truck. One show it took 2nd in the "truck" class. The winner was a brand new truck with wheels. My wife even saw the inequity in that. She was more upset than I was, and let the judges know. Not a fan of most judged events either. Way too many inconsistencies.

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I like to see the new cars. I will not go to a dealership just to look at a new car. I agree they need their own class. You cannot judge a store bought car against a survivor, restoration or resto-mod.
I never show my car to be judged. I just like to share my work and talk to car people.

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
I don't mind the new cars if it looks like the owner is doing something non-stock to it. If its bone stock and they pop the hood whats the point? A guy had a C6 vette at the local cruise in and popped the hood and I mentioned its a great place to start and he just looked at me funny. Bu then again I'm going through alot of effort and money to make my car stock again, so who am I to judge?:crazy:

camarochevy1970

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't mind the new cars if it looks like the owner is doing something non-stock to it. If its bone stock and they pop the hood whats the point? A guy had a C6 vette at the local cruise in and popped the hood and I mentioned its a great place to start and he just looked at me funny. Bu then again I'm going through alot of effort and money to make my car stock again, so who am I to judge?:crazy:
I've never much been a pop the hood kind of person, except my wife's LS swapped Solstice. That one is fun to watch people try and figure out

PBZ28

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2017
Around here all the car shows are all cancelled. So this season the wife and I just go for the occasional cruise. I hope next year the shows are back. When I was a kid I wanted a new muscle car but didn’t have the money. Now I’m retired and still don’t have the money for a new muscle car lol! But I have to say I’m very happy driving that muscle car ( Z28 ) I wanted from back in my high school days albeit a smidge newer but it is still a second generation. If its got 4 wheels and you are proud of it take it to a show if you want to. That doesn’t bother me. New car muscle or old car muscle owner we are all viewed as car crazy by the general public. Long live the motor heads today and in to the future!

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I go to car shows all the time, I like both the new and the old stuff. I do not go to import car shows at all, too much can farting sounds.