Carburetor air horn tube

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by JordanZ28, Aug 17, 2021.

1. JordanZ28

JordanZ28 Member

Dear all,
    i have an issue with my carburetor which i try to rebuild. I found one of the air tube fall out and put back in and notice from the outside does not set flash with the air horn surface, is there a problem in this ,and what it used for of these air tube( the missing one shown in the picture )

Note: the previous carburetor which is damages i noticed these air tube are set with surface if the air-horn.

index.jpg 33.png

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
      Views:
  2. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

Those are air bleed tubes for the secondary fuel feeds. The one that is still in place appears to be at the correct height. They bleed air into the fuel before it exits the nozzles to improve atomization and help the the nozzle respond quicker. Q-jets are awesome.

3. JordanZ28

JordanZ28 Member

Thanks for replying,
    So the position is correct as I checked my old damaged carburetor these tube was setted with the surface of the air horn these are higher than the other carburetor, is this effect anything, if you can see the 2nd image you can see that they are higher than the surface of the air horn.

4. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

They should extend out of the air horn a bit just like your picture. I don't think the exact distance is super critical. They should both be the same height, I would think.